Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interesting to see where he plays if he joins. No way will Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo all be RWs in the same squad next season, one will have to move inside or to the left.

Will be interesting to see where he plays if he joins. No way will Sterling, Mahrez and Bernardo all be RWs in the same squad next season, one will have to move inside or to the left.
Mahrez is more than capable of playing up front,just another option.

Pep will have a plan and won't be buying for the sake of buying.

Mahrez could be see as an option on the left as well (also upfront). Just because he predominately plays on the right for Leicester, doesn't mean that will be the case with us. Sane played on the right at Schalke, Sterling on the left under Pellegrini (and might of done at Liverpool as well - can't recall). There's flexibility with different coaches.

Pep's earned the right to do what he deems fit. If he thinks that he can keep all these forwards happy, that we have to trust he can.

Mahrez is more than capable of playing up front,just another option.

I'm sure he can play anywhere across the front five although he's obviously not typical centre forward material and it will be inside forward and wide man that Pep wants him for; he's another one that might make a good false nine if required. I think he might be the guy to let KDB have a few more rest days but will be far more than Kev's back-up.

He'd be a superb addition to the squad.

Should we sign him, I can confidently predict one thing. He will be the most fouled player in the opposition penalty box but hardly any will result in penalties. He has incredible ability and gets so close to the defender. In particular, the speed of his 'fake shot', which sees him feinting from inside to out again, generally leaves the right-back off balance and dangling his left leg out, which happens so quickly that Mahrez is brought down. He only got the decisions some of the time with Leicester, and he'll get even fewer with us.

Pep will have a plan and won't be buying for the sake of buying.

Mahrez could be see as an option on the left as well (also upfront). Just because he predominately plays on the right for Leicester, doesn't mean that will be the case with us. Sane played on the right at Schalke, Sterling on the left under Pellegrini (and might of done at Liverpool as well - can't recall). There's flexibility with different coaches.

Pep's earned the right to do what he deems fit. If he thinks that he can keep all these forwards happy, that we have to trust he can.

I seem to recall a quote in the last few weeks from Pep where he said that Sterling prefers to play on the left hand side, I personally think Pep sees Sterling in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.