City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree completely with that. For most people down here a season ticket at spurs will work out at an average of £80-100 a month. For some people, that’s what they pay for Sky. Others spend that on cigs. Others on beer, weed, clubbing or sandwiches at lunchtime if they CBA making their own.

The crowd at Spurs isn’t made up exclusively of bankers and stockbrokers. It’s painters and decorators, van drivers, bakers, teachers, local government workers, electricians and shop workers. Same as ours, really. Most of them aren’t super rich, they do ordinary jobs and earn ordinary wages but just choose to prioritise going to Spurs above other things in their life. There are many others who don’t.

There’s a wider pool I grant you of potential people who will be willing to give up Sky etc so they can afford their match tickets for Spurs, because London is a big City and there is no real competition within a 50-100 mile radius, but there are also more clubs fighting to draw the punters in. Also, whilst average earnings are higher down here so is the cost of living, so that balances out.

I’m not saying ‘stop moaning’ or anything but the idea that London clubs have it easy because everyone here is loaded is miles off target.

Am I not right in thinking that Spurs will sell out their ground, even though their prices are generally pitched higher than City's?

You see, it's a supply and demand issue. My guess is that if City matched Spurs' pricing policy, we would nowhere near fill our ground. Obviously not everyone in London and the South East is well-off, but sufficient are to fill the grounds of teams like Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea, who are reasonably successful and 'big', even though on average they charge more for seats.

Eighty to hundred notes a month is quite a lot, to be frank.

I think one major difference between Manchester and London is corporate take-up. Apart from corporate hospitality, I know a number of London-based businesses that buy season tickets to entertain clients. Manchester simply doesn't have the corporate wealth that London does.

And historically, any Manchester-based business wanting to entertain clients only had the rags to choose from. I'd guess we're making huge inroads into that market though.

I think one major difference between Manchester and London is corporate take-up. Apart from corporate hospitality, I know a number of London-based businesses that buy season tickets to entertain clients. Manchester simply doesn't have the corporate wealth that London does.

And historically, any Manchester-based business wanting to entertain clients only had the rags to choose from. I'd guess we're making huge inroads into that market though.

Entertaining clients at the swamp is like taking them to a harvester restaurant.

The people running our club know that Manchester needs to step up as a business city to deliver the corporate revenues that London clubs can bring in. Our brand of football will entice some companies but the rags still edge it based on historic appeal - overseas people etc are more likely to want to watch the rags even if we offer better football and facilities. Time will change that though and Manchester will continue to develop as a city for businesses and we will then benefit further.

The expansion isn't worth doing until we sell out every game though. They need to create a demand so that the expansion is instantly filled and the investment rewarded. They might be waiting for safe standing so that they can build it into the expansion rather than make subsequent changes.

I cannot see the north stand expansion happening for quite some time.

If all the north Stand expansion was priced the same as SS level 3 then we will have touts buying and fans who only want to see the big games.
It's a dilemma the club have.

Yes Shirley, it is a dilemma for the Club but I think we would need to charge similar in the top level of the North Stand as we do in SS3 (assuming the North Stand will have 3 tiers. We have the risk of touts (including Vianogo) already.

The people running our club know that Manchester needs to step up as a business city to deliver the corporate revenues that London clubs can bring in. Our brand of football will entice some companies but the rags still edge it based on historic appeal - overseas people etc are more likely to want to watch the rags even if we offer better football and facilities. Time will change that though and Manchester will continue to develop as a city for businesses and we will then benefit further.

The expansion isn't worth doing until we sell out every game though. They need to create a demand so that the expansion is instantly filled and the investment rewarded. They might be waiting for safe standing so that they can build it into the expansion rather than make subsequent changes.

I cannot see the north stand expansion happening for quite some time.
sorry mate, but I think you are wrong on this.
do theatres and cinemas sell out every seat at every performance ? city are in the entertainment business mate, also, what % of games do barca and rm sell out ? all of them ? never. nowt wrong with spare capacity and I am sure we can afford it. the waiting for safe standing bit I agree with though.

As anyone wondered that if the club increased the ground capacity to around 60,000. By doing this and also reducing the price of the match tickets, the club could well sell out every match.

As anyone wondered that if the club increased the ground capacity to around 60,000. By doing this and also reducing the price of the match tickets, the club could well sell out every match.

I guess the Club look at it like we could sell 60k for half the games with the existing price structure so why cut prices significantly.

Also, a third of the new Tickets would be in the £310 bracket if the Club followed the approach used for the South Stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.