The Boxing thread

Terrible news to hear the sad news about Brendan Ingle he done a brillinat job in the gym in Sheffield. 5 world champions in Johnny Nelson , Prince Nas , Clinton Woods , Junior Witter and Kel Brook all training in his gym he set up along with Herol Bomer Graham too he was so unlucky not to a world champion too. Its a shame to see people like Brendan go as he gave his life to boxing and the people of Sheffield. The Ingle style of fighting was always flashy and was brilliant to watch. RIP Brendan.

crazy stuff over here yesterday at 1 of the gyms run by Katie Taylors dad he got shot with another 2 people taking the life of a 50 year old man. I dont know what it is over here and going into anything to do with boxing. You cant go to a fight without there being a lot of tension about around Dublin. I cant even remember the last big big fight night down south and a lot of the fighters are banned from fighting down south if they are with MTK Global due to links with a criminal gang here. Its a shame as Ireland have some really talented fighters some on the verge of winning world titles yet we wont see many in action in Ireland sadly due to this.

crazy stuff over here yesterday at 1 of the gyms run by Katie Taylors dad he got shot with another 2 people taking the life of a 50 year old man. I dont know what it is over here and going into anything to do with boxing. You cant go to a fight without there being a lot of tension about around Dublin. I cant even remember the last big big fight night down south and a lot of the fighters are banned from fighting down south if they are with MTK Global due to links with a criminal gang here. Its a shame as Ireland have some really talented fighters some on the verge of winning world titles yet we wont see many in action in Ireland sadly due to this.

A lot of the boxers in Southern Ireland from the ‘traveller’ community?

What are the main boxing towns in Ireland outside of Belfast and Dublin?

Really enjoyed that card last night some good match ups. Didnt pay too much attention to the Cash fight first up but watched all the others.

Yelusinov - Clearly a talent but only his second fight and still boxes like an amateur, hopefully gets some proper fights soon so we see the best of him last night was pretty dull.
Cheeseman - Love watching him fight hes so entertaining and loves a scrap, Fowler, Fitzgerald all good fights for him.
Doyle/Belloti - Great win for local lad (Gorton I think?) Doyle last night although it was a piss poor stoppage though ref should have given Belloti a count. I dont rate Jimmy Mac as a trainer got to be honest.
Okolie - Wasnt sold on the lad a few fights ago but two great wins on the spin and a bit of a statement stoppage last night. Problem is outside of the elite Usyk/Breidis/Gassiev/Dorticos etc there isnt many fights for him. Matty Askin next but then he would have to move up a few levels and go in with Arslan and Wlodryzk(Not sure how to spell it)

Flanagan fights Maurice Hooker on the Fury card sat night. Don't see a problem for Terry moving up too 140. Dillian Whyte fights Joseph Parker July 28th, my dollars on a DW late stoppage.

Flanagan fights Maurice Hooker on the Fury card sat night. Don't see a problem for Terry moving up too 140. Dillian Whyte fights Joseph Parker July 28th, my dollars on a DW late stoppage.

terry flanagan will be ok going up the weight and he looks a million dollars and i think the best fight on the full card and the tyson fight is a no contest and its going to be a joke and easy for tyson. i don't understand why its on the same night as terry flanagan world title fight with tyson knowing its just a showcase fight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.