City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A 62,000 Etihad would give us around 45,500 seasoncard holders, am i right in thinking the max is still 75% of capacity?

If so and it finally happens the first 'Relocation Day' after should be fun.... think i will book a week away!

Instead of expanding I'd rather we gradually add safe standing along the bottom tier of the East stand, starting from the corner next to the away fans. Eventually a new 'kippax'

Seen a few talk about safestanding in terms of having it in the Southstand but there's nothing better than roaring on a winger. That's what Maine Road was all about.

Not holding out much hope tho as we'd obviously need the nobs in gov to stop their blind pandering

For the expansion to work and attract the new fans required it would mean the club would have to offer all the new cheap tickets to new fans only. Everyone keeps saying that we need to get back the poorer local fans. I can only imagine the melt down on here. New fans getting a better deal than long term loyal fans.

A 62,000 Etihad would give us around 45,500 seasoncard holders, am i right in thinking the max is still 75% of capacity?

If so and it finally happens the first 'Relocation Day' after should be fun.... think i will book a week away!
The relevant rule:

R.6.9. promote the availability of tickets by reserving a reasonable proportion (at least five per cent.) of them for sale to non-season ticket holders

Instead of expanding I'd rather we gradually add safe standing along the bottom tier of the East stand, starting from the corner next to the away fans. Eventually a new 'kippax'

Seen a few talk about safestanding in terms of having it in the Southstand but there's nothing better than roaring on a winger. That's what Maine Road was all about.

Not holding out much hope tho as we'd obviously need the nobs in gov to stop their blind pandering
Well roar the winger on. It's up to you. Seriously doubt that the fabrication of the plastic behind you is going to change how you vocalise sound. Big excuse. It's not like the old days. these are your days. Make of them what you will.

No point in expanding the stadium whilst the infrastructure is so useless.

We need to be able to move large numbers of supporters to and from the stadium at a far quicker rate than we do now.

Better public transport, faster roads and more cheap parking is required.

No point in expanding the stadium whilst the infrastructure is so useless.

We need to be able to move large numbers of supporters to and from the stadium at a far quicker rate than we do now.

Better public transport, faster roads and more cheap parking is required.

Just more buses needed. Get another twenty lined up outside there’s another 2000 back into town quicker. And encourage cycling

For the expansion to work and attract the new fans required it would mean the club would have to offer all the new cheap tickets to new fans only. Everyone keeps saying that we need to get back the poorer local fans. I can only imagine the melt down on here. New fans getting a better deal than long term loyal fans.

I made exactly the same point on the previous stadium thread. But part of the answer might be the offer of cheap season tickets to those aged 18-25 as Utd are doing for next season. Obviously, if they did that then some cards would go to existing younger seasoncard holders, but hopefully it would help attract a new generation of fans from the youth of the area and also from Manchester's growing student population.

I made exactly the same point on the previous stadium thread. But part of the answer might be the offer of cheap season tickets to those aged 18-25 as Utd are doing for next season. Obviously, if they did that then some cards would go to existing younger seasoncard holders, but hopefully it would help attract a new generation of fans from the youth of the area and also from Manchester's growing student population.
Great point

Well roar the winger on. It's up to you. Seriously doubt that the fabrication of the plastic behind you is going to change how you vocalise sound. Big excuse. It's not like the old days. these are your days. Make of them what you will.

Thanks for the peptalk pal but safe-standing improves atmosphere. Better to improve the atmosphere along the entire side than at 1 end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.