City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Build a designated green route back to town - along the canal and make a real positive of walking to and from the game. Could have outlets for food, drink and merchandise along the way. I presently walk but one minute the roads are closed and the next theres a bus behind you - just need a dedicated walkway for all supporters to get from Piccadilly (Gardens and station) to the Etihad.

City should have their own taxi service with sponsors all over them to subsidies the price of the ride for fans who have season tickets or tickets for that game.

Build a designated green route back to town - along the canal and make a real positive of walking to and from the game. Could have outlets for food, drink and merchandise along the way. I presently walk but one minute the roads are closed and the next theres a bus behind you - just need a dedicated walkway for all supporters to get from Piccadilly (Gardens and station) to the Etihad.

That’s a decent shout. I walk up by the canal from Piccadilly and then fork off up by the Ashton New Road. It’s a nice walk and the bit up by the lock keeper’s cottage could easily be boosted with one or two mobile outlets. They need a dedicated tram route for that stretch from New Islington towards the ground though

That’s a decent shout. I walk up by the canal from Piccadilly and then fork off up by the Ashton New Road. It’s a nice walk and the bit up by the lock keeper’s cottage could easily be boosted with one or two mobile outlets. They need a dedicated tram route for that stretch from New Islington towards the ground though

I often wonder whether they could build a spur where the tram line heads north to Holt Town and continue the line up Ashton New Road - put a station in by the Mecedes Garage - right outside the stadium and then rejoin the main line outside the accademy stadium. That would give the stadium two tram stops. The only real fly in the ointment would be the Alan Turing Way / Ashton New Road junction - would the Tram need to go underground to avoid causing disruption at the junction? If we were in London this would be an option - but maybe not in the north.

A fleet of electric mcfc branded bendy buses to and from town on match days would be a good idea.

The club could get a sponsor to sponsor them, that would go some way to paying for them. And the club could charge £1 each way.

The buses could be parked up on the back car park during the Week.

They would eventually become a common site in the city centre on matchday's.

The capacity is about 150 people, twice that of a normal bus.

10 buses parked up after the match on Alan Turing way could transport 1500 fans back to town after the match.

A first for football clubs in England.

London has them.

IMG_3030.jpg

MbHxXtu.jpg

That's part of the plan I think.

A fleet of electric mcfc branded bendy buses to and from town on match days would be a good idea.

The club could get a sponsor to sponsor them, that would go some way to paying for them. And the club could charge £1 each way.

The buses could be parked up on the back car park during the Week.

They would eventually become a common site in the city centre on matchday's.

The capacity is about 150 people, twice that of a normal bus.

10 buses parked up after the match on Alan Turing way could transport 1500 fans back to town after the match.

A first for football clubs in England.

London has them.

IMG_3030.jpg

A good idea in theory, but the road network around the stadium simply isn't good enough as it is. On matchday it's gridlock, one of the main reason we have so many early leavers.

I'm not sure a new fleet of huge buses would help much with this problem .

A new and revamped "green" walkway is a good idea although unfortunately a 25 minute walk each way is not possible for all. Therefore I think the Metrolink needs to be looked at, both from a volume of trams point of view, and also a possible extra line/station as mentioned .

As someone who has followed City for 42 years I feel very fortunate that I can still afford this increasingly expensive hobby. For many supporters of my vintage, it’s just too expensive now. They simply can’t afford to go to games. That’s very sad and I genuinely feel for them. I’m not a saint and I realise that makes me a bit of a hypocrite, because I don’t take a stand, and that’s ultimately because I’m selfish and I’m loving the ride; but I understand how hard it would be to give up going to games. Being there.

I hope they introduce a load of cheap match day tickets for under 25s after they undertake this expansion.

I often wonder whether they could build a spur where the tram line heads north to Holt Town and continue the line up Ashton New Road - put a station in by the Mecedes Garage - right outside the stadium and then rejoin the main line outside the accademy stadium. That would give the stadium two tram stops. The only real fly in the ointment would be the Alan Turing Way / Ashton New Road junction - would the Tram need to go underground to avoid causing disruption at the junction? If we were in London this would be an option - but maybe not in the north.
Had the same idea myself, but would put the track down the side of Ashton New Rd, they's a strip of land that runs from Holt Town all the way down to Grey Mare Lane between Ashton New Rd and the Housing estate. Build a station across the road from the stadium (where the chipies are now) . Also still think a rail station should be looked at on the rail line that runs pass the athletics stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.