Neymar

Argentinian prima donna.

You've got some nerve to talk about the GOAT like that lol. Messi doesn't have to run around like a donkey for 90 minutes because he's more than intelligent enough to know when and when not to press. Pep has literally said you can't coach Messi because there's hardly anything he doesn't already know.
Messi barely defends. It's a fact. He's allowed to be a passenger and walk when the team loses the ball. He's the worst 'big name' forward in Europe in terms of distance covered. It has to be compensated by his teammates, you can't press purely 'by intelligence'.
Messi makes the difference on the ball, off the ball he's atrocious nowadays.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/5962071/barcelona-lionel-messi-run-least-champions-league/
http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2017/12/25/5a415a3322601d2e508b45e0.html

Compare it with the times when Messi could make 3-4 interceptions in a half under Guardiola. He's never had a good stamina, but the positional system Pep designed allowed him to make a very good defensive contribution.

For me personally, the most impressive Barcelona team post-2015 treble is the one when Messi was injured for several months, and Suarez-Neymar pair played upfront, with all the team working hard as a unit. Messi is still the world's best with the ball. But his presence makes the team worse in defence.

Neymar, on the other hand, doesn't have this weakness. He's unique in his blend of skills, athleticism and desire to work hard for the team.

I don't think the club is yet at the stage of signing a 'marquee player' until we win a Champions League. And that doesn't bother me one bit. We are buying players who have the potential to become marquee. As for those marquee players that might be available I think Neymar would be a mistake. I don't doubt his abilities but as we know, he has a rep for going down easily and as we have seen with Raz he wouldn't get a penalty if he got scythed at the knees.

Not for me, thanks. We seem to have a pretty solid dressing room at the moment. Bring Neymar on an astronomical salary, bigger than everybody else, and (allegedly) an ego to match, and some of our star players' noses may well be put out of joint.

We already have our own 'marquee player' who I believe will go on to become the world's best. He's maturing nicely. Just needs another season or two.

Emery's words are very telling. Neymar would be the wrong signing for us. He would disrupt the dressing room, the wage structure and the Pep's control IMO. Great player but no thanks.

Id completely trust Pep and the hierarchy on this one IF it ever became anything like a reality that we could get him. I share the concerns about disrupting the dressing room in a number of ways, wage structure etc bu if the club feel its manageable then thats good enough for me. If Pep did go for him its cause he knows he would have the work rate he demands from all players (or as he says the "humbleness to run" when we don't have the ball.

Think its probably him just after a better contract as happens regularly at this time of year with these type of players.....look at Ronaldo and Bale's comments last night straight after a Champs league win...at that point their position couldnt be stronger so they deliberately elude to "other possibilities" knowing that they will never ever be in a stronger bargaining position than they were last night.

We ended up with 100 points without Blockbuster signing.
Players are together and we have an awesome spirit going within the team.
Don't want someone who will ruin this and end up being a bad apple in team

That the club hasnt had a true marquee blockbuster player like neymar and I'd like us to sign him? Not difficult no?
Your point seemed to suggest that we will never catch the barca/real madrids of the footballing world without a blockbuster Neymar like signing, not just stating the obvious that we haven't spunked 100's of million on a Neymar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.