Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester fan in peace.

I do think that Chelsea will bid for him as soon as they sort out their manager problem if the deal with your club isn't done until then. Mahrez is one of our greatest players ever. There aren't many players in the league that can beat their opponent like he does, he's an intelligent player with a great vision and his first touch is honestly one of the best, if not the best in the world. He's also never injured.

Sure, he has poor games (which player doesn't) but when he's on it, he's unplayable. It is also worth to say that Danny Simspon, our RB, whilst being a very solid defender and covering for Mahrez (the latter does track back but is shit at defending) is absolutely crap going forward. This means that Riyad operates alone upfront, with more than often two or three opponents on his back.

Our season after winning the title looked like a never ending hang-over, we lost a key player in Kanté and he as well as the rest of the team didn't do great. But this season, under Puel he came back to his 2015/16 level, some of us dare say he was even better. Then you guys bid for him and as the deal collapsed, he snapped out and went on strike, breaking the team's momentum which ultimately cost us the 7th place. He still was one of the best performers of the second half of the season.

Whilst being gutted to see him go, a large majority of us are convinced that he's going to reach another level if he's coached by Pep and surrounded by better players.

Hiya mate and again, thanks for posting that, tbh I pretty much see what you see with Mahrez, I really like the kid, I think he's a tremendous talent, and whenever he plays I always think 'crap' whenever he gets the ball, so, don't really understand what some seem to have against him signing for us (if he does).
ps, I think Iheanacho did actually play behind the striker originally, and I'm pretty sure he once said he preferred that, then again, I may be going senile, but he does have that priceless commodity of being in the right place at the right time, very Shaun Goater like, any way, all the best for next season.

If we’re paying 75 million for Mahrez we should pay an extra 25 million and break the bank for someone with a lot more potential like Mbappe instead. Aguero will be gone next summer so surely that’s a no brainier if he’s available?? For me Mbappe is more of the player we need can play wide also and think we would get more out of him. Jesus and Mbappe when aguero leaves would be out of this world along side sterling and sane and bernado that forward line would definitely dominate for years to come Please pep sign Mbappe instead of Mahrez!
Fully agree with you, Mbappe is more what we need, we should just get him.
I like Mahrez as a player but I dont want us to buy any player that downs tools on his club, very unprofessional imo. But really I think we need Mbappe more than Mahrez.

Hazard, Mbappe, Salah, they would improve our first eleven and would offer something more in CL later stages where we have been lackingfor years now...
(But given how we lost against Monaco and then Pool we just cannot keep conceding so many goals in any tie...)

Mahrez would be a good addition to the squad, would offer better rotation option than what we have now as Bernardo simply not scoring enough. While Sterling might not be able to copy this season in terms of scoring. We will need extra goals Mahrez can score a few for sure in a team like ours but he wont play nowhere near as much as at Leicester. So if his stats based on 35+ PL starts in the league you can cut that in half at City.

"Great" seems to be thrown around rather loosely nowadays. You'd think it'd be reserved for the likes of Messi, Ronaldo, KDB, Ramos, Kroos etc.

He is a great player may even become close to world class with Pep i find it hard to believe how so many under rate Mahrez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.