Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sterling played about 500 minutes less than everyone above him as well, on per-minute basis he's ahead of everybody.

DdtdDgPU0AAuB_R.png

It has been his "footballing brain" that has really impressed me this year. He gets criticism for seemingly just scoring tap ins and calls of "my nan could score that" but getting into those positions is not easy. It requires plenty of skill, practice and the natural instinct.

His finishing when one on one could get better but there are very very few players who have the gift of being able to finish one on one consistently. We are reaping the benefits of him taking out 1 or 2 defenders when on the run or when he drops in more central and is involved in build up.

He has been fantastic this season. I worry this summer whilst the rest of the plodders around him (except Kyle and John) show no footballing brain it will be left for him to try and do things by himself and if he fails he will just get abuse.

Sterling played about 500 minutes less than everyone above him as well, on per-minute basis he's ahead of everybody.

DdtdDgPU0AAuB_R.png
Sterling excels in getting into very dangerous positions and then usually doing something good. Frustrating at times that he's not a more ruthless scorer. But thank God it's not Navas we have in these positions.

Anyone know relevance of AK47 assault rifle tattoo on his leg? Hopefully there is a legitimate reason but possibly another reason for media to slam him mercilessly. A Premier League trophy would have looked much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.