Barbecue

blumoon

Charcoal or Gas ? . Looking to buy one with a budget of about £200. Any recommendations. TIA lovelies :-)

Weber 57cm kettle. It will last you years whilst being good for fast hot grilling or even indirect low n slow. Gas ones i find simply to be an outdoor oven and awkward to clean. You will get similar looking bbq's but they will be made from thin flimsy material or at least have a major issue somewhere along the line.

Get good briquettes for low and slow, webers own last a long time and keep a very steady heat.

Weber 57cm kettle. It will last you years whilst being good for fast hot grilling or even indirect low n slow. Gas ones i find simply to be an outdoor oven and awkward to clean. You will get similar looking bbq's but they will be made from thin flimsy material or at least have a major issue somewhere along the line.

Get good briquettes for low and slow, webers own last a long time and keep a very steady heat.

I've always wanted a smoker Weber but I dunno if I can be arsed prodding and poking it, it's bad enough doing that to the wife for 30 seconds one day a week

This one ???
2cf42e79d9ffd6a17155fcd9a61bfec9.jpg

This one ???
2cf42e79d9ffd6a17155fcd9a61bfec9.jpg
That is the one boss yeah. By all means have a wonder down to some shops, you will soon see what i mean about build quality if you are seeing similar ones for 100gbp less. They will last one summer properly and come next summer the joints will be rusted out or something along those lines. This will be fine for 10 years easily with just moderate care.

Weber 57 all the way, I have had mine for over 10 years and its still going strong, recently upgraded the grate to a cast iron quadrant which is excellent.

I've always wanted a smoker Weber but I dunno if I can be arsed prodding and poking it, it's bad enough doing that to the wife for 30 seconds one day a week
Haha, that can be a pain if you do not know how your smoker behaves in different conditions, fuel, weather etc. Indeed it can be the difference between a 10 cook and a 16 hour cook if you let temps fluctuate to much from 230 or so. I am very guilty of it in the heat as i will potter around gardening with plenty of beer. I did it last night with some ribs tbh, i was digging the veg patch and forgot to get some more fuel in and the temps dipped quiet a bit making them 9 hour ribs as opposed to the 5 or so it should have taken. Fortunately it is bbq so doesn't matter unless your hosting for friends and such when it does matter rather a lot.

The lesson is to get one of those digital probes boss and a chef thermometer if you do not already have them. This takes away any guess work for your food temps, wanting at least 195 internally on a pork shoulder for example to know the pulled pork will be spot on. If you hate fussing around the pit these things are perfect for you matey, you can go practice your wife prodding and leave it to smoke away :-D

Weber 57 all the way, I have had mine for over 10 years and its still going strong, recently upgraded the grate to a cast iron quadrant which is excellent.

These look great boss, glad you recommend them as i was umming and ahhing over them. If a ten year weber veteran says they are good it is good enough for me :-D

Haha, that can be a pain if you do not know how your smoker behaves in different conditions, fuel, weather etc. Indeed it can be the difference between a 10 cook and a 16 hour cook if you let temps fluctuate to much from 230 or so. I am very guilty of it in the heat as i will potter around gardening with plenty of beer. I did it last night with some ribs tbh, i was digging the veg patch and forgot to get some more fuel in and the temps dipped quiet a bit making them 9 hour ribs as opposed to the 5 or so it should have taken. Fortunately it is bbq so doesn't matter unless your hosting for friends and such when it does matter rather a lot.

The lesson is to get one of those digital probes boss and a chef thermometer if you do not already have them. This takes away any guess work for your food temps, wanting at least 195 internally on a pork shoulder for example to know the pulled pork will be spot on. If you hate fussing around the pit these things are perfect for you matey, you can go practice your wife prodding and leave it to smoke away :-D

These look great boss, glad you recommend them as i was umming and ahhing over them. If a ten year weber veteran says they are good it is good enough for me :-D

Its now fully seasoned in after a full years of use, I stumbled across it on a Youtube vid and like you thought long and hard, top kit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.