City to expand Etihad to 62,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem for me, is when you are in the ground, you have little scope for options other than go hungry, have a dry mouth or pay top whack.
You're only in 2 hours take a mars bar or a packet of crisps. Granted they don't let you take drinks in now.

Check your history mate. City have had many gates in excess of 62k.
And I’ve been to a few. Was in the kippax early seventies and u couldn’t move has was the whole ground and when the official figure came out it said only 45.000, think it was a bit of a tax dodge.

You did not read my original post. The Muen said - quite a few years ago that City will exp[and to 62,000 - in 2 phases - the first one was to be SS extention
of 9,000. It would appear that the SS extension only added 6,900 -
47,700 increased to 54,600 - anyone can correct me on that.
I never saw 9000 mentioned. From what I remember it was two expansions of around 7000 each. Perhaps you could link the article?

tdZU6NS.png

City currently get an average of €53 per spectator per game.

Arsenal get €97.8
Chelsea get €90.7
Liverpool get €73.5
United €70.5

We're seriously lagging behind, and I expect most of that is corporate.

tdZU6NS.png

City currently get an average of €53 per spectator per game.

Arsenal get €97.8
Chelsea get €90.7
Liverpool get €73.5
United €70.5

We're seriously lagging behind, and I expect most of that is corporate.
Is that a bad thing? If Arsenal fans want to spend £1200 on a season ticket, let them.

Is that a bad thing? If Arsenal fans want to spend £1200 on a season ticket, let them.

It's bad in the sense that the club wants/needs that money, and unless they can get more out of corporate, they'll get it out of the normal seats eventually with 5% increases every year.

I'd be willing to spend more at the ground if the food/drink offer was a bit better. I think I bought just one soft drink in the ground all last season when I forgot to bring my own.*

(*) Someone a few posts back said they don't allow you to take in drinks. Is this the case for water/soft drinks too or just alcohol? TBH I almost always take a soft drink in with me, I've never been stopped.

I think we’re deluding ourselves if we’re expecting cheap food and drink in the ground. It’s akin to going to the cinema or theatre. You’ll always pay a premium in a restricted market place.

It's bad in the sense that the club wants/needs that money, and unless they can get more out of corporate, they'll get it out of the normal seats eventually with 5% increases every year.

We struggle to sell out corporate/ hospitality for most games and the Blues in Premium Seats arent all very wealthy. The Club is using a variety of approaches to maximise our income as I think they recognise we won’t match the revenue per fan of some other Clubs in the near future.

There are a range of other income streams e.g. increasing sponsorship based on our fantastic football; utilising the competitive advantage we have in the CFA from our owner’s £200mil investment and increasing corporate areas where there is the demand.

I thought the discounts to food and drink to get people into the stadium earlier seemed to work quite well but I might be wrong since the reductions ended after a few weeks.

And I’ve been to a few. Was in the kippax early seventies and u couldn’t move has was the whole ground and when the official figure came out it said only 45.000, think it was a bit of a tax dodge.
Swales was always fiddling the attendance figures. The pink final attendance typically stated around 36k. Every regular knew there were often 40k plus inside. When I was a nipper in the early 70's, my dad would lift me over the turnstile, just like many other dads did who had kids.
I bet our record attendance of 84,569 was not the true attendance, probably quite a few more in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.