Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
His 'up-and-at-'em' style is not designed for longevity: his sides always look fatigued by about the 65th minute mark, and dead on their feet by the 80th.
Let's be honest, they reached the CL final because of some dodgy refereeing decisions and a lot of good fortune, not because they were the better team throughout the tournament. And it's not sour grapes when I say we were better than them, because we were. Our respective league positions and points total was proof of our superiority.
I have no doubt that had it been us reaching the final we would have won it.

His 'up-and-at-'em' style is not designed for longevity: his sides always look fatigued by about the 65th minute mark, and dead on their feet by the 80th.
Let's be honest, they reached the CL final because of some dodgy refereeing decisions and a lot of good fortune, not because they were the better team throughout the tournament. And it's not sour grapes when I say we were better than them, because we were. Our respective league positions and points total was proof of our superiority.
I have no doubt that had it been us reaching the final we would have won it.
Drawing them in the quarters was the worst draw for us 100%

I think klippety will have a dilemma next season. He needs a trophy to justify his extravagant spending but it will be difficult to be consistent with so many new midfield players who are new to the Premier League. I expect to see him going strong in the cups and being happy with third/fourth in the league.

I wonder if trying to move to a more creative midfield is going to be more successful for Klopp? - he had better midfielders at Dortmund than those currently at Liverpool so it could work but let's hope it ends in disaster!

Anything to sell more candles!

Trying to sign a whole new midfield in one window (and all from abroad) is a disaster waiting to happen.

Hope so, but you cannot deny there is quality and steel in that midfield, plus decent sqaud depth (Henderson,Ox,Milner) in that area. Add in Klopp who mostly gets the best out of players and that midfield has the potential to be one of the best in the League.

Hope so, but you cannot deny there is quality and steel in that midfield, plus decent sqaud depth (Henderson,Ox,Milner) in that area. Add in Klopp who mostly gets the best out of players and that midfield has the potential to be one of the best in the League.
Wouldn't rate anyone they're signing as much better than Wijnaldum or Oxlaide-Chamberlain. Maybe Fekir but much harder to do it in the Premier League than Ligue 1 as Lacazette has found out. Never wanted Fabinho here and I think a lot on here overrated him because he was getting linked to us so often. Lots of goals scored from his position but the vast majority of them from the spot.

Klopp that despite his brilliance can't win anything in the prem in 3 yrs and has lost 6 out of 7 finals klopp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.