Pass me the sugar sugar.

It's the hidden sugar that's the issue. Who's eating a cake not knowing it's got shit loads of sugar in it? It's when your 'healthy' cereal or tinned soup is packed with sugar that you have an issue. I had a taste of my flatmates Special K (one of the fruit versions) once and it was unbelievably sweet. Looked at the packet and it was about a third sugar.

Agree. And also a generational thing. My mum still buys 'low fat' food, thinking that fat makes you fat, when all these foods do is replace the fat with copious amounts of sugar.

its the new tax the government are going to take our money off us and just like smoking and drinking the tax is a 1000s times more than the coast and price for it to made. but all the healthy products we use and eat and drink are going to kill us all in the end right ??? but the government will want to reduce the NHS cost and keep us all fit as a fiddle and live to a ripe old age but suffer from mental health that you have built up over the years with worrying what your doing to your body if you don't look for low sugars and calories and fat in everything you eat and drink ???

even just drinking water and so called spring water bottled has got all sorts of stuff in them like acidic or alkaline that are bad for you . the so called fresh air you breath is full of pollution that will kill you long before any sugars you eat or drink
Good post.

I think generally we should 'eat and drink in moderation' as they say and not fuss too much, otherwise we may as well eat a bowl of lentils every meal.. My grandma lived through both word wars and my parents were born in the years of the the second. Everything they ate(although much was rationed) was organic in those days. No big bold printed 'oganic' labels on the packaging so they can stick an extra 2 quid on the price, food was naturally unfucked about with. The cancer rate was lower in those days as well.

But like you say, they want us to be healthy, but tax us to fuckin' death...

its the new tax the government are going to take our money off us and just like smoking and drinking the tax is a 1000s times more than the coast and price for it to made. but all the healthy products we use and eat and drink are going to kill us all in the end right ??? but the government will want to reduce the NHS cost and keep us all fit as a fiddle and live to a ripe old age but suffer from mental health that you have built up over the years with worrying what your doing to your body if you don't look for low sugars and calories and fat in everything you eat and drink ???

even just drinking water and so called spring water bottled has got all sorts of stuff in them like acidic or alkaline that are bad for you . the so called fresh air you breath is full of pollution that will kill you long before any sugars you eat or drink
A little of what you fancy does you good.
The amount of sugar(and salt come to that )
which is in certain foods, to give it flavour and bulk it up is far too much though.Manufacturers of these foods need to be made accountable, but they never will of course - money is involved.
Also we need oxygen from the atmosphere, yet that same atmosphere has free radicals which cause ageing.

Kids aren’t waddling around with rotten teeth though, it’s media scaremongering bollocks.

Good post.

I think generally we should 'eat and drink in moderation' as they say and not fuss too much, otherwise we may as well eat a bowl of lentils every meal.. My grandma lived through both word wars and my parents were born in the years of the the second. Everything they ate(although much was rationed) was organic in those days. No big bold printed 'oganic' labels on the packaging so they can stick an extra 2 quid on the price, food was naturally unfucked about with. The cancer rate was lower in those days as well.

But like you say, they want us to be healthy, but tax us to fuckin' death...

What I find funny is a fat bastard like you starting a thread like this....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.