Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Because i think such a tattoo,irrespective of his alleged intention,has far too many negative connotations.He is also,whether he likes it or not,a role model for thousands of influential kids who may portray it as glorification of gun culture.

He also knew the fallout/reaction such a tattoo would receive,and while it is entirely his choice and right to do so,i believe it's unnecessary,even inflammatory.

As i intimated,it's not the best decision he's ever made.

Bullshit mate.

Firstly, the tattoo isn’t even finished so nobobody but Raz knows what the final design will portray, and secondly, instead of focusing on the positive aspects of a strong young man who rejected the life of crime when it was perhaps easier to do the opposite following the tragic death of his father at the hands of gun men, the pathetic racist media decide to focus their faux outrage on the perceived negative connotations of what is essentially a drawing.

If you can’t see that for what it is then I .....well I think best I leave it there.

Not wrote one of these in years, some of you may remember them from MuEN.

Here goes.... A little ditty to Tommy Gun/The Clash

Tattooed gun, The Sun ain't happy cos Raheem got one

Tattooed gun, An M16 just for fun
Maybe he wants it in his Dad's memory

Just a tattoo, just like many
Whatever Raheem wants, he's gonna get it

Tattooed gun, better get a real one and shoot that Murdoch bum

Tattooed gun, Waiting out in ambush are the paparazzi scum

They print on their headline, shock horror news

Piers Morgan hates it, he's not amused
Whatever Raheem wants, he's gonna get it

Tattooed gun, laser it off, decry the Sun
Tattooed gun, It's just a tattoo, can't hurt anyone

Hung drawn n' quartered they want him grilled
A nation of Sun readers has got to feel fulfilled
Whatever Tatt he wants, he's gonna get it

Tattoo gun
You can be a hero when it's lasered and gone....

Love it, my favourite band and one of my favourite tracks, proper new wave/rock/brill guitar song, Joe Strummer was a genius, cheers.

Having a gun tattooed on your leg. Great move. Looks brilliant. Wish I had one. In no way whatsoever does it make him look a grade A bell end.

Having a gun tattooed on your leg. Great move. Looks brilliant. Wish I had one. In no way whatsoever does it make him look a grade A bell end.
I wouldn't say it looks brilliant but it's your opinion which is fine mate. I'm all for freedom of choice. I'm not really into tattoos even though I have 3, one is the old round club badge, and the other, the last one before this we now have. That one looks more a pissed up pigeon than an Eagle. Mind you, i later learned that the tattooist liked a smoke. He must of been well fuckin' stoned! But City have put me through a lot of pain over the years, so having a couple or 3 Tatts was small potatoes pain wise.

But regarding Raheem's Gun Tat, it's his choice and no one has a right to be Judge- Mental on whatever tattoo he chooses to have.

My two cents....

1) This role model thing....If your child sees sports stars or other famous people as role models then you should seriously question your parenting. They are not role models, they are flawed human beings like the rest of us and have no social obligation to be the public bastions of morality.

2) If a tattoo of a gun in anyway encourages someone to go out and shoot people then there are far more questions to be asked about that individual and their circumstances than the person with a tattoo.

3) His father being the victim of gun crime and the connotation of the tattoo being he only shoots with his feet, can't be that hard for even the simplest of simpletons to understand.

4) PMIAC

Because i think such a tattoo,irrespective of his alleged intention,has far too many negative connotations.He is also,whether he likes it or not,a role model for thousands of influential kids who may portray it as glorification of gun culture.

He also knew the fallout/reaction such a tattoo would receive,and while it is entirely his choice and right to do so,i believe it's unnecessary,even inflammatory.

As i intimated,it's not the best decision he's ever made.

You are allowed your opinion.

I believe you are wrong in many levels.

better tell rhianna to have hers lasered off then,role model nonsense,he has a powerful message with it and he had it done for deeply personal reasons,as for being stalked it's awful and must stop whoever is doing it,it is very uncomfotable
has he fuck done it for personal reasons ,his tattoo has "GANSTA" written all over it ,everything else I agree with except "uncomfotable",:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.