Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wtf, did you just send the Leicester fan a kiss??

Just how happy are you that Mahrez is coming! :-D
Haha. Sorry (and to you Eli!) But don’t think I’ve been this excited about a player since Ali. X (a big one for you cus, I guess, you’re a Blue! ;0) )

With that in mind, do you think Mahrez could have a similar impact at City as Salah has had at Liverpool?
I am still of the opinion that we rarely convert our chances into shots on target. If he shoots lets hope he at least gets his shots on target.
Sure we s scored a century of goals last season but it could or should have been many more.

One attribute that impresses me with Mahrez is his passing. Even when moving at speed or through traffic, he generally passes the ball into a position where the next player can move onto it without breaking stride or having to slow down. It might seem a small thing, but not all our players manage it, and we're a side where fractions of a second can see the space closed and the opportunity lost.
While I don't know if this is true about Mahrez, it's definitely something good to have as I've often seen passes being played almost behind a player who's running forward forcing him to stop and turn back, or slow down too much, to get the ball. It absolutely annoys the hell out of me.

Since we went top of the league 15/16, we've basically faced teams putting 11 behind the ball constantly, other than against the top 6. Trust me, he's used to playing against packed defenses and the burden was usually all on him to create as well. With less on his shoulders and other attacking talent to free him a bit more space, I see no reason why his attacking numbers won't go up.

Very interesting post and with the talent he will have around him next season he could be sensational. For me, Mahrez is simply one of the most talented and gifted players I have ever seen in the PL.

Salah's season is probably a one off, but lets put it this way... I's be surprised if he didn't hit a combo of 30+ goals and assists.

That would surprise me.

He's not going to be starting every game, probably 1/2, and it'll like take him 6 months minimum to get to grips with Pep and the system, it's taken that long for nearly everyone else.

I'd expect a season more like Bernardo Silva's 17/18, starting off slowly, lots of bench appearances followed by growing into the side after Christmas.

That would surprise me.

He's not going to be starting every game, probably 1/2, and it'll like take him 6 months minimum to get to grips with Pep and the system, it's taken that long for nearly everyone else.

I'd expect a season more like Bernardo Silva's 17/18, starting off slowly, lots of bench appearances followed by growing into the side after Christmas.

Really? I think he'll have an immediate impact. He knows the Premier League and he knows how to win it.

I like Bernado Silva and as good as he is, he's always struck me as a second season player with having no previous experience of this league.

Both should feature well next season.

That would surprise me.

6 months my arse,established Prem League player,also title winner,no way can you compare him to someone who has come in from another country/league with taking time to adapt,like Bernardo (as per your example),irrelevant of Pep's style,he will fit like a glove,hence why he wants him

The problem here is there are 1 or 2 of the fans,and on here favourite players, who are gonna find themselves on the bench,which will make this place unbearable if things go bad,which they won't of course.

If he's coming in for 60m he be starting more games than not,we wanted him in January......to sit on the bench ??? Yea ok

You come across as though you are the voice of reason and have more understanding at times,but truth is you spout utter shite at times as well

Really? I think he'll have an immediate impact. He knows the Premier League and he knows how to win it.

I like Bernado Silva and as good as he is, he's always struck me as a second season player with having no previous experience of this league.

Exactly

6 months my arse,established Prem League player,also title winner,no way can you compare him to someone who has come in from another country/league with taking time to adapt,like Bernardo (as per your example),irrelevant of Pep's style,he will fit like a glove,hence why he wants him

The problem here is there are 1 or 2 of the fans,and on here favourite players, who are gonna find themselves on the bench,which will make this place unbearable if things go bad,which they won't of course.

If he's coming in for 60m he be starting more games than not,we wanted him in January......to sit on the bench ??? Yea ok

You come across as though you are the voice of reason and have more understanding at times,but truth is you spout utter shite at times as well

He's not getting used to the premier league, he's getting used to a completely different set of tactics, instructions, teammates, a new role within the team.

How long did it take Otamendi to get playing his best under Pep? Aguero? Sterling? Even KDB said it took a long time for everything Pep was telling him to sink in. They didn't have to get used to the league, they'd been here for longer than Mahrez, Aguero was already a premier league winner, did that stop him from having trouble adapting? No.

It's not about favourites playing or not, it'll be a meritocracy, but anyone thinking Mahrez will waltz into the starting XI and start nearly every game like KDB/Silva/Walker/Fernandinho did last season is completely kidding themselves in my opinion. Attacking in this City side is a very precisely orchestrated operation, a lot of it revolves around knowing the runs and passes your teammates are going to make as well, so it'd be jaw dropping if he slid in seamlessly. It'll take time for him like it did everyone else.

If you really want to resort to personal attacks, we can, but I'm not sure why you'd feel the need, especially considering how the last time you complained about me was when in the Sterling thread when you said, what was it again? Oh yeah -

he's gonna be the biggest money flop since Steve Daley at our club,mark my words

I'm sick to death of people defending him so much,when he fails to deliver when given a chance,I'll answer the question what you have asked the defence gang...We'd get about 25m if he was to go tomorrow,that is because he gets in the England squad,Everton,Southampton in this country would be only the top teams that would take him though,as long as it was paid in installments/performance related,fuck me we would owe them !

always flatters to deceive,the only thing Liverpool got wrong was that they thought they had a better replacement with Ibe,and that fell flat,but they certainly had the last laugh in selling him to us

How'd that prediction work out for you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.