The Vegas Golden Knights

malg

Forget yer 100 points, this lot deserve more credit. God knows why they haven't had their own thread.

Anyway, are any of our American posters fans of the VGKs?

Jet's fan here; fiance is from Winnipeg and we're moving out there next year, so I've had no choice but to get into hockey, which has meant a few late nights recently watching the games. Hockey is the only American sport I like and fortunately the Winnipeg have a good team with a great fan base.

Not to take anything away from the Knights because what they've achieved so far is incredible, but I think the Jets were just mentally and physically exhausted by the time the WC Final came around, having just gone trough that gruelling series against what was the top-ranked team in the Preds. Perhaps there was a bit of complacency because on paper they should have eased passed Vegas, but that Fleury is like a brick wall. Good goalies make a hell of a difference in this sport.

Tough to call the SC Final because the Capitals seem to have just gone about their business quietly over past few weeks and know how to grind out results.

Jet's fan here; fiance is from Winnipeg and we're moving out there next year, so I've had no choice but to get into hockey, which has meant a few late nights recently watching the games. Hockey is the only American sport I like and fortunately the Winnipeg have a good team with a great fan base.

Not to take anything away from the Knights because what they've achieved so far is incredible, but I think the Jets were just mentally and physically exhausted by the time the WC Final came around, having just gone trough that gruelling series against what was the top-ranked team in the Preds. Perhaps there was a bit of complacency because on paper they should have eased passed Vegas, but that Fleury is like a brick wall. Good goalies make a hell of a difference in this sport.

Tough to call the SC Final because the Capitals seem to have just gone about their business quietly over past few weeks and know how to grind out results.
You might be correct about Jets v Knights. The Predators are a tough team! They hit and hit and it wears teams down over a series. There's a reason they are known as "Smashville."

And yes, having a hot goalie in the NHL playoffs is a difference maker. If he gets hot you'll likely not lose much.

And when you move to Winnipeg don't tell them hockey is an "American sport." They'll run you out of town on a rail. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.