Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't see why anyone would need to be from the UK to see how that club acts towards our club and it's because of that I hate Liverpool FC; not the City of Liverpool. If you can't understand that then that's fine, but without being some sort of gatekeeper of football fandom, I don't know if you're getting the full experience of supporting an English club.

You are correct - you don’t have to be from the UK to appreciate that fact.

As an American I can tell you that I despise that club more than you can imagine.

It also helps that the handful of American Liverpool supporters I know are complete knobs.

Not sure where this animosity is coming from honesty.

Probably you hate Liverpool - for reasons, as a person born and living in the states - I won't ever appreciate.

That aside - Klopp is a wonderful manager.

Liverpool's current owners won't spend anything like we will - they have a limited budget. The team Klopp took over was a mess.

Has he won the PL title in his tenure? Nope.

Will he before he leaves - probably not.

That said, he's a very solid manager, has improved his side tremendously, and honestly, given his budget, is doing far better than some run-of-the-mill manager (Rodgers, Dalgleish, etc.).

You say you feel you won't ever appreciate, but have you at least bothered to try? Maybe do some cursory research and educate yourself before saying 'I don't understand the animosity'. Your incredulity comes across as ignorance then.

As an American, here is something that you might find illuminating about the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, with a direct link to American history, which provides historical context to the rivalry between the two.

https://www.workersliberty.org/story/2011/05/08/manchester-and-liverpool-american-civil-war

Any news on the dippers punishment?

EUFA has said it will ban all fans prosecuted. Unfortunately in spite of hundreds of videos and pictures out there, the Liverpool police have not released one single image, so that is unlikely. They also said having viewed all the footage they believed it was a fantastic spectacle of fan exuberance and as a result Liverpool's prize money will be increased and they will be given a bye straight to the knockout stages next season.

Ok I made the last bit up but not the first.

Not sure where this animosity is coming from honesty.

Probably you hate Liverpool - for reasons, as a person born and living in the states - I won't ever appreciate.

That aside - Klopp is a wonderful manager.

Liverpool's current owners won't spend anything like we will - they have a limited budget. The team Klopp took over was a mess.

Has he won the PL title in his tenure? Nope.

Will he before he leaves - probably not.

That said, he's a very solid manager, has improved his side tremendously, and honestly, given his budget, is doing far better than some run-of-the-mill manager (Rodgers, Dalgleish, etc.).

Not sure why but you sound like a bloke that would stop following City at the drop of a hat if the dippers won a trophy or two. Apologies if i have it completely wrong but this admiration for Klopp doesn't seem quite right.

Marco Silva who has been manager of Everton Football Club for 17 minuted has already equalled the amount of trophies as Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.