Punk and New Wave thread.

My mate from Manchester emailed me a couple of months ago and said, "go and see nick cave". with a promo code for pre ordering tickets.
I bought four and am going to see him at the end of Oct. for the first time.

I guess he can be an acquired taste, but I’ve seen him be the master of all he surveys and have the audience eating out of the palm of his hands.
Last time he came into where we were sat and stood on top of the chair backs whilst my wife was, ahem, holding him up.

Be careful I keep getting my foot stuck in the hem these days.
I was there and I was also at York away with my daughter.
The Pistols weren’t great but they did set others off who became great. I loved Joy Division live, saw them five times in Manchester in a period of just a few months.
Saw some magic gigs from the seventies through to the eighties, and would have said the Who were the best live band ever.
Until, that is, Nick Cave came along and he has done two of the best gigs I’ve ever seen.

That's just incredible.

Aw, Nick Cave -- I used to listen to the Birthday Party in college!! But never caught him or later the Bad Seeds live, and I would loved to have seen JD, and for that matter The Fall. I didn't catch the Who live until after Keith Moon died sadly when it wasn't the same (would have been the Face Dances tour I think; maybe It's Hard?).

Was trying to think back to my favorite live act. Probably from the 80s the Screaming Blue Messiahs who played so hard you could see the blood on the guitar strings. X were pretty good live; nowadays, I really like Superchunk live.

I guess he can be an acquired taste, but I’ve seen him be the master of all he surveys and have the audience eating out of the palm of his hands.
Last time he came into where we were sat and stood on top of the chair backs whilst my wife was, ahem, holding him up.

Yeah, he's not really my style but I know he puts on a great show and it'll be well worth it.

That's just incredible.

Aw, Nick Cave -- I used to listen to the Birthday Party in college!! But never caught him or later the Bad Seeds live, and I would loved to have seen JD, and for that matter The Fall. I didn't catch the Who live until after Keith Moon died sadly when it wasn't the same (would have been the Face Dances tour I think; maybe It's Hard?).

Was trying to think back to my favorite live act. Probably from the 80s the Screaming Blue Messiahs who played so hard you could see the blood on the guitar strings. X were pretty good live; nowadays, I really like Superchunk live.
Sorry to say I’ve heard of neither, so I’ll ha e to take your word for it.
Went to see the Who in 75 at Belle Vue. My mate and I thought it would be tame as most of the audience were in their forties. That was until the people went nuts and the couple next to us were shagging under her fur coat! The gig was amazing.

Saw the Fall at Rafters, a converted disco into band venue. Saw Generation X there and my mate got threatened by Billy Idol with a knife, which he pulled out of his sock, because we beat him and Tony James at pool, fackin’ cockerneees

Another Manchester band who kept under the Punk radar, with ex Smith's Mike Joyce on drums. They were that unknown that each track still has under a 1000 clicks on YouTube, and ive probably listened to each tracks about 10 times. MES will luv it, Just luv it; )

THE HOAX(Only The Blind Can See In The Dark EP)

1: Oh Darling
2: We All Hate Myself
3: Take It Easy
4: Storm Trooper

Last edited:
I was more into the rock scene but I have been to a few punk gigs, I saw GBH at the Mayflower on Hyde Road if anybody remembers that place also Killing Joke at Rotters with Dead or Alive as support with the late Pete Burns RIP.
Booked for Killing Joke at the Academy in November this year, cannot wait!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.