If it was up to you would you ban the Sun newspaper from the Etihad?

Yes, ban it outright. No doubt that there are one or two half decent journalists there, but the organisation as a whole is rotten to the core.

Yes, ban it outright. No doubt that there are one or two half decent journalists there, but the organisation as a whole is rotten to the core.
Frankly I think they simply make decisions to publish articles that will sell.
Simply reporting news has evaporated to be replaced by views of news that they know will sell to their expensively researched consumer base.
It used to be just headlines on billboards that sold, now they believe their own headlines and skew the article to suit the sensational headlines.

I emailed the club's press office a couple of days ago (they wouldn't give me a number to call to speak to someone directly) asking what their comment was to the constant unjust vilification of Sterling. I also asked for their comments on the petition to ban the Sun, and its journalists, from Etihad Stadium.

No response. I doubt I'll get one either.

No I wouldn't the club can't afford to get into a tit for tat relationship with the media, they have to rise above it. The reality is that whilst not being able to report from the Etihad would be a blow, the sad reality is that commercially it would have very little impact to the Sun but the negative response that would result in return from the hacks at the Sun would be more damaging to us.

Dont underestimate the commercial impact on City of driving a negative relationship with the Sun it's precisely why uber and Google are prepared to pay the evening standard millions for positive stories in the paper (that's another debate entirely) That demonstrates the power of the written word and it works both ways. Unfortunately there are just too many easily influenced minds out there...

We already have the negative side of a relationship with certain parts of the media. If we banned the Sun and they started a campaign against us I doubt anyone would notice the difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.