Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry guys. Referring to a comment mentioned a page or two earlier in the thread.

The reason why fans including me included took offence of Bravo being criticized so heavily in his first season was because part of motivating reason seemed to be based on the fact that he was the keeper who replaced Hart.

I recall clearly that there were many of our fans within many forums and phone ins that were deeply critical of Peps decision to replace Hart.

This was reinforced by the media, who like some sections of the fans were also unhappy about the decision to replace Hart and were waiting for any and every opportunity for Bravo to slip so they could give it him.

Bravo did make mistakes but what seemed to be overlooked by sections of the fans and the media was that Bravo was playing in front of a back 4 which were not equipped to provide him with the protection he required.

The full backs at the time were definitely an issue in terms of the lack of protection Bravo was afforded, as indeed was the time it took the team if not squad to adapt to a new tactical philosophy and way of playing. None of this seemed to be ever factored in when Bravo was criticized all last season for his stats on not saving shots or goal attempts.

He did make mistakes though, the fact that the media exploited this to this their advantage to criticism him and Pep was not a surprise, it was the speed at which some sections of our fans base perpetuated this that was disappointing.

I would go as far to say that for a short while some of our fan base fell into the same trap with regards to Sterling, driven by the media and in fairness Sterlings patchy form in his first season. I recall vividly hearing it on the terrace and in social media forums how we should get rid and that he was not good enough. It was not until Pep arrived made it clear that Sterling was his man and Sterlings form improved that he fans relented.

A lot more of our fans albeit belatedly seemed to an extent to have caught on to what the media have been up to and that this appears to have given Sterling the time to develop his form and confidence borne out of the season he has just had.

However, its a shame I think that Bravo, albeit with other factors involved did not seemed to be afforded the same time and support by are fans base to give it a shot and getting it right.

Apologies in advance as I know it is the Mahrez thread.

Whats the latest with this. Mahrez as been pictured modelling the new leicester shirt. So just like jorghino's transfer. Whats going on?.

Sorry guys. Referring to a comment mentioned a page or two earlier in the thread.

The reason why fans including me included took offence of Bravo being criticized so heavily in his first season was because part of motivating reason seemed to be based on the fact that he was the keeper who replaced Hart.

I recall clearly that there were many of our fans within many forums and phone ins that were deeply critical of Peps decision to replace Hart.

This was reinforced by the media, who like some sections of the fans were also unhappy about the decision to replace Hart and were waiting for any and every opportunity for Bravo to slip so they could give it him.

Bravo did make mistakes but what seemed to be overlooked by sections of the fans and the media was that Bravo was playing in front of a back 4 which were not equipped to provide him with the protection he required.

The full backs at the time were definitely an issue in terms of the lack of protection Bravo was afforded, as indeed was the time it took the team if not squad to adapt to a new tactical philosophy and way of playing. None of this seemed to be ever factored in when Bravo was criticized all last season for his stats on not saving shots or goal attempts.

He did make mistakes though, the fact that the media exploited this to this their advantage to criticism him and Pep was not a surprise, it was the speed at which some sections of our fans base perpetuated this that was disappointing.

I would go as far to say that for a short while some of our fan base fell into the same trap with regards to Sterling, driven by the media and in fairness Sterlings patchy form in his first season. I recall vividly hearing it on the terrace and in social media forums how we should get rid and that he was not good enough. It was not until Pep arrived made it clear that Sterling was his man and Sterlings form improved that he fans relented.

A lot more of our fans albeit belatedly seemed to an extent to have caught on to what the media have been up to and that this appears to have given Sterling the time to develop his form and confidence borne out of the season he has just had.

However, its a shame I think that Bravo, albeit with other factors involved did not seemed to be afforded the same time and support by are fans base to give it a shot and getting it right.

Apologies in advance as I know it is the Mahrez thread.
For me one of his biggest faults at times was not even bothering to try and make a save,but merely watch the ball go past him.However I am in full agreement with you that you do need the right type of players in front of you.Thankfully that issue was resolved,but IMO Bravo is not in the same league as Eddie, who at times is more like a sweeper than a goalie.

Whats the latest with this. Mahrez as been pictured modelling the new leicester shirt. So just like jorghino's transfer. Whats going on?.
I'd be more concerned if Jorginho was pictured wearing the new Leicester shirt in all honesty.

I've not seen much of Mahrez tbh, apart from when he plays against us. I think of Sane and Sterling as 'traditional' wingers who are fast, direct and will run at players - is Mahrez this kind of ilk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.