Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/manchester-city/outrage-over-raheem-sterling-doing-normal-things-is-ludicrous-and-it-has-to-stop
It's possibly been posted already but this article is a good take on this weird obsession of Sterling.
It made me wonder after reading this, why doesn't a paper use The Sun's inevitable England team bashing to their advantage, and advertise their own newspaper as a newspaper committed to getting behind our team during The World Cup, unlike other papers?

Press setting up Sterling as the scape goat for when it goes wrong it seems. Lawton in the Mail: "Sterling has to deliver". Why is that Matt? What about the rest of the feckers.

Last edited:
There's nothing really wrong in that piece. It basically says that it wasn't the best timing to be late - 12 hours late having missed a connection apparently.
All the papers went with the same angle. You would almost think the spineless sports hacks had got together after the press conference to agree the angle...oh wait a minute.
The only one with any balls was Henry Winter who wrote a fair, accurate, and balanced article in the Times. He did criticise Raheem for turning up late but put it all into context. He is unpopular with some of his colleagues because he doesn't follow the pack. In other words he is a proper journalist.

Press setting up Sterling aa the scape goat for when it goes wrong it seems. Lawton in the Mail: "Sterling has to deliver". Why is that Matt? What about the rest of the feckers.

Agree, its not like anyone from the last tournament did themselves any credit so why single out Sterling.

All the papers went with the same angle. You would almost think the spineless sports hacks had got together after the press conference to agree the angle...oh wait a minute.
The only one with any balls was Henry Winter who wrote a fair, accurate, and balanced article in the Times. He did criticise Raheem for turning up late but put it all into context. He is unpopular with some of his colleagues because he doesn't follow the pack. In other words he is a proper journalist.

And someone who I believe City targeted as a key media influencer that we wanted to work with. It's the only effective strategy - find the good guys and work closely with them in a quid pro quo style relationship.

And someone who I believe City targeted as a key media influencer that we wanted to work with. It's the only effective strategy - find the good guys and work closely with them in a quid pro quo style relationship.
Agreed. I think we can essentially write off the tabloids because these days they have little influence and especially not with any of our potential sponsors. City are playing a long game but I do sometimes get frustrated that we are not more proactive in calling out some of our enemies in the press. The campaign against Raheem for the last three years has been vicious and, whatever anyone says, it does have racial overtones. The underlying theme is: "Who does he think he is? "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.