What UEFA Coach attack Investigation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hindsight we didn't really play this well at all. Not that I am blaming the club or anything like that but we should have made a big deal of this before the game.

Everyone knew what was coming as it was all over the internet and the fact the dippers and the police made no attempt to stop it from happening was disgraceful.

In my opinion there is no way we could have refused to play and nor should we have, however we should have got to the ground and said to Uefa that the players were shaken and as such would not be fit to play at the scheduled time. We should have said that we would not go onto the pitch until 8:45 and then watched the shit storm ensue. Not only would it have forced Uefa's hand due to TV schedules but it would have also caused major issues with policing and transport.

More importantly it would have done a lot to diffuse the situation within the stadium with their fans, they had built themselves up into a frenzy for the kick off and the wind would have been taken out of their sails to have to sit in the ground waiting for an extra hour.

Also BT would have had to fill an hour of the time slot trying to avoid discussing the reason for the delay, I cant believe how little was made of this.

In hindsight we didn't really play this well at all. Not that I am blaming the club or anything like that but we should have made a big deal of this before the game.

Everyone knew what was coming as it was all over the internet and the fact the dippers and the police made no attempt to stop it from happening was disgraceful.

In my opinion there is no way we could have refused to play and nor should we have, however we should have got to the ground and said to Uefa that the players were shaken and as such would not be fit to play at the scheduled time. We should have said that we would not go onto the pitch until 8:45 and then watched the shit storm ensue. Not only would it have forced Uefa's hand due to TV schedules but it would have also caused major issues with policing and transport.

More importantly it would have done a lot to diffuse the situation within the stadium with their fans, they had built themselves up into a frenzy for the kick off and the wind would have been taken out of their sails to have to sit in the ground waiting for an extra hour.

This is what I said on the night. We should have told UEFA that our players needed a bit of time to get their heads together kicked off at least an hour after the scheduled time .

Where is the outrage from the a Mayor of Manchester? At the very least he should be raising questions about the inaction of the Merseyside police. Oh wait, it’s Andy Burnham that well known scouse Everton fan!

He is on Mike Sweeneys show on Wednesday this week. I had thought about ringing and posing the question as to what Murkyside Police are doing, but I have no doubt that that I would be stopped by the pro Rag guardians at BBC RManc. And anyway since he is a Scouse, he won't have any aspersions cast on that 'wonderful' friendly city.

It stinks.

The whole thing smells of a police cover up. I spoke to a sensible (not a scouser) police officer just before kick-off in the stadium and his exact words to me were: "Two of our lads were hurt. They (Liverpool fans) behaved like animals. We didn't have enough to deal with it." He realised he had said too much and wouldn't go further but it was clear that he thought the police had been under-resourced.
What was also strange was there were hardly any police immediately outside the stadium itself. I have never seen that before in decades of away matches (especially European ones) It looks like this also happened at the Roma match ie the police were so distracted by the so-called coach welcome they ignored the stadium surrounds.
The City fans behaved with amazing restraint on the night given the provocation. I believe it was a clear operational failure by police.
Don't expect any of this to be investigated by our media though. They have a track record of always following the official line when crowd safety incidents happen.

Anything less than Liverpool having to play their CL home matches behind closed doors would be a piss take. An even better punishment would be for them to have to play their home games at least 150 miles away like Celtic in 1984.
However I expect it will be a fine that will be slightly less than we got for coming out for the second half a minute late a couple of years ago.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the business end of the season if they are still in the hunt in competitions. The nearer they get to a trophy the giddier they get, what happens if the rags have to go to Anfield and their coach takes a hammering? I bet UEFA or the premier league will take action for them.
Where there's a Gill, there's a way.....

He is on Mike Sweeneys show on Wednesday this week. I had thought about ringing and posing the question as to what Murkyside Police are doing, but I have no doubt that that I would be stopped by the pro Rag guardians at BBC RManc. And anyway since he is a Scouse, he won't have any aspersions cast on that 'wonderful' friendly city.

It stinks.
He isn't a scouser. He's from Leigh.
It's like saying Eamon Holmes is a Manc because he supports the rags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.