Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and gents I give you the you-tube clips of one Georgios Samaras among others - he looked unplayable and incredible yet, we know how that turned out. In other words you never should base your recruitment on videos. Fact is this guy is all about technique and reading of the game, when he is slotted into our team that technique will shine and most will be pleasantly surprised by his quality. Great signing if it crosses the line.

No need to get preachy about videos. I really hate that spiel. Yes its true they can give a false idea of how a player will perform but since I have a life that doesn't involve watching hundreds of hours of a player we may not even sign, play for a team I don't support they remain the best option for the average fan to get some idea of what a player is like. There is no need to get on your high horse about it. I know they're not perfect, you know they're not perfect, I'm not writing a fucking academic dissertation here.

The scouts aren't going back to Pep like hey check out this out: JORGINHO 2017/18 - Mad Skills and assists - 4k - Despacito Remix and making a decision on that alone.

PLUS, the linked video showed every single touch of the ball he had in that game, so was entirely representative of his performance, and he was absolutely dreadful.

No need to get preachy about videos. I really hate that spiel. Yes its true they can give a false idea of how a player will perform but since I have a life that doesn't involve watching hundreds of hours of a player we may not even sign, play for a team I don't support they remain the best option for the average fan to get some idea of what a player is like. There is no need to get on your high horse about it. I know they're not perfect, you know they're not perfect, I'm not writing a fucking academic dissertation here.

The scouts aren't going back to Pep like hey check out this out: JORGINHO 2017/18 - Mad Skills and assists - 4k - Despacito Remix and making a decision on that alone.

PLUS, the linked video showed every single touch of the ball he had in that game, so was entirely representative of his performance, and he was absolutely dreadful.
hahahahhahahaha that was awesome

Ha ha

We all have different opinions on him mate so dont worry!;) For me, he'll need to stay in that pocket just in front of the back 4 because his lack of pace means we'll be exposed if he's ever caught upfield.. I could be wrong but never thought the Italian leagues were known for high press, fast paced style of play...the slow build up suits his game but thats nothing like the prem. I think he'll need to play with a Fern type player next to him...At Napoli Jorginho had Hamsik and Diawara supporting him which covered up alot of the weak areas in his game and allowed him to play to his strengths....I dont see any point where he can replace Fern in any games this season.

You dont need to see 30 games to know he lacks pace and strength but reads the game well and is a good passer of the ball.....For me he's a one trick pony! He's excellent at that one trick but doesnt offer much flexibility. He isnt the best midfielder we could buy but does seem to be the best fit for our system. Anyone that questions this signing and the role Pep has for him would be crazy....Pep knows what he's doing!;) I just believe someone like Fred could play in a number of roles depending on who we are playing and offer more value/flexibility but thats just one man's opinion!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.