Where's Everyone Going For Their Holidays

Currently sat round the pool in Kefalonia, then September Pisa,Lucca & florence

Chavs, right up your street, ýou posted a few pics of your house interior a good while back, under your other 'name' fuck me I was embarrassed for you...

If it's any consolation Pib we sacked the interior designer for slack work.It's really lovely now we've decluttered and your more than welcome to visit.Keep your head down blend in and you'll be fine.Enjoy your jollies behave yourself and as a solo traveler integrate with the locals just don't get in their faces like that episode in Sunny Beach.Send me another photo when you get back and lose the Stockport sweater as it makes you look scruffy round the edges.

Mijas Pueblo you say ..We are going to Benidorm four star plus and 22k of included baggage and bang on the beach with all the entertainment.
If you get time in Mijas visit San Sabestian church it's near the aroma coffee shop lad at the bottom of the lane.Its a beautiful piece of architecture and free to enter but make sure you take your cap of.

24o7i9g.jpg

Last edited:
New York for three days at the end of the month then on a cruise sailing north to amongst other places Halifax NS, staying overnight 1st July which is Canada Day, so big celebrations. Then back down to Boston overnight on 4th July, so another party central. Looking forward to it

Can you recommend anywhere specific, looking to go in October
Thanks

Loads, depending on budget and preferences

Florence is beautiful, but a tourist hotbed with all that goes with that. Pisa has one of the most iconic buildings in the world ever and not much else. Lucca is a real hidden gem. Viareggio is beautiful, lots of Art Deco buildings. (Since everything else dates from about the 1400s it can make a nice change!) SAN Gemignano is another gem, but a bit out of the way - as is Volterra. Siena is just lovely in every way.

If you want to do do any of the popular stuff - leaning tower, duomo or uffizio in Florence, book ahead on tinternet or you will be queueing for hours. And I mean hours.

In all these places you will eat well, but in the obvious tourist traps you pay through the nose. Sometimes it’s worth it to have lunch overlooking the ponte vecchio or somewhere, sometimes it isn’t. Usually you find much cheaper restaurants of equal quality (if not better) just off the beaten track.

Don’t stray too far north beyond Lucca in October- it gets cool up in the mountains at that time. Otherwise Mid October in Tuscany is about as warm as early September at home. Plenty warm enough to drink beer in the afternoon sunshine and enjoy taking it all in

Wonderful food - fresh pasta and pizza there knocks spots off what we get in the uk, even from a good Italian restaurant. Stuff just tastes better there. Go for the house wine, it won’t give you a hangover and will cost a fraction of the list wines

And if you’re a meat eater, don’t miss the bistecca fiorentina!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.