Blues at the World Cup

I’ve not read the whole thread, so I don’t know if it’s already been mentioned, but in addition to the 16 current Blues, there will be 11 ex-City players in Russia:

Willy Caballero - Argentina
Aaron Mooy - Australia
Dedryck Boyata - Belgium
Vedran Corluka - Croatia
Kaspar Schmeichel - Denmark
Kieran Trippier - England
Jerome Boateng - Germany
Kelechi Iheanach - Nigeria
Aleksandar Kolarov - Serbia
John Guidetti - Sweden
Gelson Fernandes - Switzerland

Pretty impressive for a little team.

On a side note - Sister-club Melbourne City's Daniel Azarni is the youngest player at the tournament at 19 years 5 months and 10 days.

I'm guessing this has already been discussed, but the 16 City players are a record in this WC (no other club in the world has that many players).

Low btw is an old fool!

Absolutely gutted for Sane. I believe, after a little honing of the edges and under Peps tutelage, that we have one of the worlds brightest prospects.
Hold your head high lad, your day in the sun is coming!

Using the translate feature in Facebook on the Germany page, from the comments it seems like most of their fans are pretty pissed off that Ozil and Gundo are in the squad.

One of the appealing aspects of signing Mahrez and Jorginho is that neither of them will be at the World Cup and will be able to have a full pre-season.

1) this will allow them to get maximum exposure to Pep's methods from Day 1
2) they will be fully match fit ready for the season starting, whereas there will be players who, dependent on how far they advance in the tournament, will be coming back after a break in a deconditioned state in late July, early August.

A combination of 1 and 2 should hopefully lead to both of them allowing us to still have a strong start to the season while other players get back to full match fitness.

Fingers crossed both players will be signed prior to the start of pre-season.

not a bad performance from De Bruyne last night, warming up nicely, hope he has a stellar tournament

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.