Yaya says Pep "does not like African players" - Pep says "he's lying and knows it"

Did he just say he didn't want the send-off that City gave?? F***king hell, what an obnoxious t**t!

Much as Toure has played up his integral role in the dressing room, he was definitely on the outside with Pep, who knows when a player is winging it and not fit.

Maybe last summer was too important for Pep to be binning a player who seemingly at least tried to remain professional at the latter end of the previous season?

All I know is that Toure (and that's how I will always refer to him from now on) was keeping his powder dry to twist the knife into Pep and our club.

The fact he also attempted to de-legitimise the club and its achievements, bringing up the whole money angle, is the biggest pisser for me.

His wealth has retained him in a bubble where he actually has had little interaction with the City supporter base and genuinely perceives his status to be at such a level, he can say and do no wrong.

Even sadder, his ego has long ago taken him away from what Africa and its people have to forsake on a daily basis.

He's no African, he's a bloated, egotistical faux Muslim, with enough chips on his shoulder to feed most of the continent he claims to represent.

When his ever-expanding frame looks into the mirror in the years to come, he can continue to count his money and delude himself that he is loved at City.

What love remained has long since evaporated, yet his love of money and the sweet nothings of a parasite 'friend' agent, telling him how great he is, will be his lasting legacy.

Legends are about more than what takes place on the pitch, it's about how you represent those people that champion you.

Toure was only ever in it for himself.

Fucking well said.

I’m happy if Pep and the club make no comment. Why dignify baseless, crass comments?

But equally happy for individual players to spontaneously defend Pep.

We’ve already heard from KDB. Hell, if Pep was kind to gingers, I’m fcukin sure he treated Africans with respect.

I was thinking along those lines myself. When you look at it for what it is, he is clearly trying to make excuses for the fact that Pep didn't play him. He can't admit it was because he wasn't good enough for Pep's system; he never was, even before he became 'past it'.

Yaya is a big man and although skillful in his pomp, was never really mobile enough to play in Pep's system - even when he was at Barca. I would think the same applied to Eto (I assume this must be the other black African he was referring to but happy to be corrected) and Ibrahimovich. Good players but again, did not fit Pep's system which is based on moving the ball quickly and getting up and down the pitch with speed.

In the article he mentions his training stats as a means of alluding to the fact that he's still a good player and could match those that Pep picked regularly for the first team (laughable, I know). So if he's that good, why was he continually overlooked? He plays the race card - but then must realise that at least 9 black players are regularly picked for the first team, so clearly Pep can't have an issue with black players. So he qualifies it by saying specifically, African players - but even then, he's painting himself into a corner because both Kompany and Sane are of African decent. So he further qualifies it by saying naturalised black African players - ludicrous!

In touting himself to play for wages of £1 per week to any top 6 club, it just highlights how desperate he is to play for one of them; if he is that good, surely they would be beating a path to his agents' door?

Pep treated Yaya so abysmally that he played him in the remaining games after we'd won the league, even though he wanted City to achieve the 100 point total. This meant he was able to collect a 3rd PL medal. I remember saying to my son when we were at the Brighton game that every time Yaya got the ball, he slowed the game down - which just proves he couldn't have played in Pep's system on a regular basis.

We stayed after that game to wish Yaya well - as others have said, he made mugs of us and we should have known he would after the cakegate fiasco.

The club should challenge Yaya on his accusations, to not do so could give credence to his views in the eyes of some people. For that reason at least they should defend Pep.

If not, then they should remove the mosaic and rename the training ground (someone I know suggested Dennis Tueart as a worthy role model).

Superb post. In particular the third para that unpicks how Toure (presumably with encouragement from his agent) has carefully knotted his allegations by qualifying them to an such an absurd degree, that it reveals his paranoia and self regard for all to see.

Decent footballer, but an alarming example of a man who has clear issues with authority and little empathy for fellow players and fans.

It's good to see De Bruyne step up and pour some deliciously eggy, mature scorn all over this 35 year old child's £220k a week sour grapes. I'd love to see a few more players rubbish the story before it gets buried for good.

I was thinking along those lines myself. When you look at it for what it is, he is clearly trying to make excuses for the fact that Pep didn't play him. He can't admit it was because he wasn't good enough for Pep's system; he never was, even before he became 'past it'.

Yaya is a big man and although skillful in his pomp, was never really mobile enough to play in Pep's system - even when he was at Barca. I would think the same applied to Eto (I assume this must be the other black African he was referring to but happy to be corrected) and Ibrahimovich. Good players but again, did not fit Pep's system which is based on moving the ball quickly and getting up and down the pitch with speed.

In the article he mentions his training stats as a means of alluding to the fact that he's still a good player and could match those that Pep picked regularly for the first team (laughable, I know). So if he's that good, why was he continually overlooked? He plays the race card - but then must realise that at least 9 black players are regularly picked for the first team, so clearly Pep can't have an issue with black players. So he qualifies it by saying specifically, African players - but even then, he's painting himself into a corner because both Kompany and Sane are of African decent. So he further qualifies it by saying naturalised black African players - ludicrous!

In touting himself to play for wages of £1 per week to any top 6 club, it just highlights how desperate he is to play for one of them; if he is that good, surely they would be beating a path to his agents' door?

Pep treated Yaya so abysmally that he played him in the remaining games after we'd won the league, even though he wanted City to achieve the 100 point total. This meant he was able to collect a 3rd PL medal. I remember saying to my son when we were at the Brighton game that every time Yaya got the ball, he slowed the game down - which just proves he couldn't have played in Pep's system on a regular basis.

We stayed after that game to wish Yaya well - as others have said, he made mugs of us and we should have known he would after the cakegate fiasco.

The club should challenge Yaya on his accusations, to not do so could give credence to his views in the eyes of some people. For that reason at least they should defend Pep.

If not, then they should remove the mosaic and rename the training ground (someone I know suggested Dennis Tueart as a worthy role model).
Good post. It’s a cheap shot. No basis for the claims. I wonder if City will quietly remove the plaque and cancel his season ticket.

Dropped a right bollock has Yaya.

can't see many owners wanting to sign someone who openly courts such bad PR and throws the racist card with fuck all to back it up.

not even for a quid.

Buffoon.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.