Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

O
Is it fuck.

He's not 'fearless' for Utd, he's mostly clueless.
Think Rashford brings something different as in he shoots often from any distance and brings there unpredictabliyy sometimes you need against top sides.

I'll take your word for it that he shoots often, but the stats say that his shots don't often go in the net. Possession lost

Take all games if you want Tom, their stats are still pretty similar

So if they’re similar, which I imagine rashfords are better in much less minutes and is why you haven’t gone into detail with them, why would it be such a catastrophe if he was replaced with rashford who statisctally offers England more?

I would play 4-3-3 with a front three of Sterling, Kane, and Rashford. It would be great but it won't happen. The midfield would be Delph, Lingard, and Ali with a back four of Pickford, Walker, Stones, Maguire, and Rose. Imagine defending against Sterling on one side and Rashford on the other.

But the bit I cannot for the life of me work out is everything you are complaining at rashford doing sterling does, but is probably worse considering the season sterling has had and his apparent talents. So to put it correctly it wouldn’t really matter who we pick because both lose the ball loads? But Sterlings blind alley runs and bad decision making are ok because he’s a blue? No one can say what sterling does for England except look dangerous. That in itself speaks volumes
Because like i said, for me Sterling is a better player than Rashford even in an england shirt. He looks really dangerous against anyone, he continuously gets into scoring positions and creates goals for others, something i don't think Rashford does. Yes i agree Sterling could be better for England, but even with a drop in form from his City form, he still does more than Rashford.

So if they’re similar, which I imagine rashfords are better in much less minutes and is why you haven’t gone into detail with them, why would it be such a catastrophe if he was replaced with rashford who statisctally offers England more?

I haven't gone into detail because im working, so don't have the time.

https://www.transfermarkt.ie/raheem-sterling/nationalmannschaft/spieler/134425

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marcus-rashford/nationalmannschaft/spieler/258923

Btw I never suggested it would be catastrophic, you brought stats into the argument so there you go, tell me how he offers more.

Last edited:
When are you lot going to wake up and smell the coffee?.
The Wythenshawe Pele is going to win the World Cup for Inger-land. It is written in the Meejah!.
The hype for him is immense.
What gets me from last night is the Radio 5 Live pundits asked for phone ins as to whether Rashford should start ahead of Raheem against Tunisia.
Why not ahead of Deli ali?. Raheem has contributed more in recent England games than Ali.
OK - Raz was late for the England training session but it was proved his flight was delayed/ or cancelled. The Media know this but he still gets flack.
Hoddle gets on my tits anyway. The superb tactitian that is Hoddle. ! - b*llocks.

PS. Is Wellbeck from Manc. (Levenshulme)?. I do believe he did live there.

Two issues at play here

1. Yes the media have it in for Sterling, that's pretty much agreed by everyone. The reasons are debatable (Race, leaving Liverpool, going to City, being rich - probably a bit of all of this

2. Should he play for England.

Based on him as a player he'd start for me as I think he's one of the best English players in the PL.

However I don't really care about England so as a City fan should he play?
Personally I think not, the confidence issue about being dropped is likely to be less than when he's blamed for England get knocked out.

Put a MU, Spurs or Liverpool player in they are so much better. They become the media darling for a year or two before people realise they are not great. Remember Liverpool didn't need Sterling they had Jordan Ibe he's better than Sterling. Rashford the greatest youth player since Wellbeck, or Ravel Morrison or whoever looks good in their academy. Play Rashford let the media love them and build them up, so MU keep playing them and telling themselves that next year they will finish above them.

Meanwhile our rubbish players can keep winning Trophies and setting records. A regular starter in one of the best league teams of all time, is not as good as Rashford or Ali or Lingard or Jordan fucking Ibe.

Play them both! Alli is woefully out of form and has been all season. Sterling was dynamite against Italy when played behind the front players. Give Rashford the 10 role and play Raheem deeper in the 8. Mind you, Rashford will probably get in his way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.