Odd pubs are gone - update another pub gone this weekend the shamrock Bengal St

urban genie

Odd on thomas st, blue pig round the corner and oddest in chorlton all closed with immidiate effect.

40 staff made redundant as the local bar chain has gone into administration.

what a shame for those staff straight after christmas to lose their jobs.

Wasn't a regular, but had a few nights in Odd (and Odder on Oxford st till it went the other year).

Was in the Blue Pig last week. Very small place and probably not not enough tables to meet the business rates. Shame.

Shite bars imo. Shame for the staff but there's only so many times you can hear Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' without wanting to blow your brains out.

Bumped the shamrock (shammy) in ancoats is closing on Sunday, after a battle to stay open, developers have won the day and the plave will close.

An Irish bar on bengal st and yes popular witg rags, but also never turned awsy blues and on a matchday can be filled with berts having a swift one on route back to town.

I have occassionally had one before getting to fringe or the C&K in there and spent days in the 90s in there in on an afternoon as they turned a bling eye to fake NUS cards in them days, used to get royal mail staff in from over the road too.

Not everybodies cup of tea but another traditional boozer lost and one of the last in that area after great ancoats st

Last edited:
Bumped the shamrock (shammy) in ancoats is closing on Sunday, after a battle to stay open, developers have won the day and the plave will close.

An Irish bar on bengal st and yes popular witg rags, but also never turned awsy blues and on a matchday can be filled with berts having a swift one on route back to town.

I have occassionally had one before getting to fringe or the C&K in there and spent days in the 90s in there in on an afternoon as they turned a bling eye to fake NUS cards in them days, used to get royal mail staff in from over the rod too.

Not everybodies cup of tea but bother traditional boozer lost and one of the last in that area after great ancoats st
Surprised the Postal Workers Union haven't gone on strike over that one! very popular with the posties over the road.

I have occassionally had one before getting to fringe or the C&K in there and spent days in the 90s in there in on an afternoon as they turned a bling eye to fake NUS cards in them days, used to get royal mail staff in from over the road too.

Not everybodies cup of tea but another traditional boozer lost and one of the last in that area after great ancoats st

No way is that closing. I like what they've done to that area of Ancoats but there is room for The Shamrock to coexist with the development. Same with the senseless demolition of The Smiths Arms. Whether it's a red pub or not it's wrong. I watched Steve Gerrard throw the title away in there. I suspect I was the only one cheering because the league was coming to us.

No way is that closing. I like what they've done to that area of Ancoats but there is room for The Shamrock to coexist with the development. Same with the senseless demolition of The Smiths Arms. Whether it's a red pub or not it's wrong. I watched Steve Gerrard throw the title away in there. I suspect I was the only one cheering because the league was coming to us.

It is popular with irish reds, but also irish blues and posties and it's always a stop off point on a matchday, will be sorely missed and a shame

It is popular with irish reds, but also irish blues and posties and it's always a stop off point on a matchday, will be sorely missed and a shame

I know Gerry the landlord - my office is 50 yards away. Shame!

Picture of bobby sands behind the bar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.