Jorginho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff in here mate....genuine question, would you/should we continue to play hardball with clubs over transfers, if you/we saw the chasing pack closing the gap? Just interested to know what price we (as supporters) would put on standing our ground in the transfer market...is it easier to stand our ground now as we dont "need" anything....I just think about what "IF" Liverpool(just an example) won the league next season, our stance might be alittle different and thats where I struggle sometimes, as feel we should build from a position of strength and not wait to the wolves are closing in!;) We still likely to close the deals on Mahrez and Jorginho so this question isnt directed at any single transfer, its more general.....This is just a genuine question, as I'm open to views both sides of the coin...

It's a good question, mate, and we like to speculate about it, but there's just so much stuff we don't know that those on the inside do know. They see the academy, who's coming through, what their potential is for three years up the road. They're getting news from our scouting network from all over the world that we may know nothing about. If there's any truth to the noises being made about Kovacic — it may just be a move to call De Laurentiis' bluff — it might be slightly strange, because his buy-out clause is actually €5 million more than what we say we're prepared to pay for Jorginho!
I'd just like to emphasise that Liverpool ended up the season 25 points adrift of us. Twenty five. Yes, they've made good acquisitions. Fabinho has looked like a good player at Monaco. Is he tough enough for the PL? Who knows? Fekir, if that goes through, is a good player, although he's not been the same since coming back from his bad injury, and everybody who follows Lyon has noticed it. No room for complacency, of course, but that's a hell of gap to overturn. But if it not the dippers, it'll be the rags, or spuds, or Chelsea. At the very least, they'll close that gap to something a bit more respectable.

As never before in supporting City, I trust the team running this club, and I trust their judgement. I'm also pretty sure that if we walk away from this deal, we'll still have to get someone. Yaya's gone, Ferny's not getting any younger, Gundogan doesn't seem to have totally convinced Pep. They're all different players anyway, who bring different things to the table. I'd be very astonished if Pep doesn't bring someone else in. As I say, we're now letting people know that we negotiate from a position of strength, and I trust the people running us to have a fine judgement on when to give a little, when to take a little.

If would seem wags demands of Napoli's target is now the only thing stopping Jorginho deal getting done....It has been reported Torreira asking for 3mil(euros) a season....50k(pounds) a week and Napoli dont want to match....funny how they expect others to pay big but wont do the same themselves....I guess thats what makes a good business man!;)

City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 1m1 minute ago
Wage demands are holding up Napoli's move for Lucas Torreira, who they want to replace Jorginho. This is slowing down Jorginho to City, who have started to explore a deal for Mateo Kovacic of Real Madrid. [@CalcioNapoli24]
Thought Daniel Levy was at Tottingham not Napoli.

Jorginho and his agent doing their bit....good lad!;) Just picking up on his agents comments, sounds like we offered him a starting position...who would he most likely replace on Saturdays?

1. City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 5m5 minutes ago
    Joao Santos (ag. Jorginho): "Jorginho is a great professional, but this is the opportunity of a lifetime for he and his family. If he does not go to Manchester, he will not be very happy."

2. City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 5m5 minutes ago
    Joao Santos (ag. Jorginho): "Manchester City? We must not be hypocrites, any player would like to go and have a starting position with Guardiola."

I actually like the fact we're not letting ADL extort us, hope this gets settled but it'd be nice if our persistence to not overpay pays off!

I know scoring goals isn't his job but he's averaging fewer than one goal a season from open play since he joined Napoli and that worries me slightly. As in, it's really really bad.

I've watched so many Napoli games now and I probably would not sign Jorginho. Maybe Pep will get another level out of him but his passing stats, youtube comps and general reputation on certain corners of the internet are massively undercut from what I've seen

I'd much rather we sign Thiago for a similar fee, with some generous addons based on apps, or M. Dembele from Spurs, who only has 1 yr on his contract. Regardless of alternatives, I am not impressed with Jorginho at all given the pockets of hype around him. I think Gundogan probably adds more in the 6 role overall. There isn't alot of difference anyway.

One bit of hope, outside of Pep's direct influence, is that Napoli's football is of a lower quality to ours and playing alongside Silva and KDB rather than Allan and Hamsik may work better for him.

Dembélé and Thiago are both sick notes that we don’t need. I do some similarities between Jorginho and Gundogan in the DM role as you tend not to notice them much in some games. Both have good positioning but Jorginho is much better defensively and can play the killer ball. He also makes better decisions in the final 3rd. Jorginho may look invisible in some games but at all times he has the ability to change the game with an outstanding assist like De Bruyne. Also our CBs are better on the ball than Napoli’s and our midfield is levels above as well so I would expect him to improve him game considerably. I do see why we value him at a certain price and have some alternatives lined up.

Jorginho and his agent doing their bit....good lad!;) Just picking up on his agents comments, sounds like we offered him a starting position...who would he most likely replace on Saturdays?

1. City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 5m5 minutes ago
    Joao Santos (ag. Jorginho): "Jorginho is a great professional, but this is the opportunity of a lifetime for he and his family. If he does not go to Manchester, he will not be very happy."

2. City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 5m5 minutes ago
    Joao Santos (ag. Jorginho): "Manchester City? We must not be hypocrites, any player would like to go and have a starting position with Guardiola."
Pep will not guarantee anyone a starting position. Selection will always be based upon performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.