T'Yorkshire Challenge

In Huddersfield they call them a chip tea cake.

It's a barm and always will be. As is Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.

Feel free to ring up a restaurant tonight and make a reservation for tea - they will tell you they don't do cucumber sandwiches.

What do they do on a sunday lunch??

The reason restaraunts don't use it is because it is an industry tradition from when high tea/afternoon tea was around, and resteraunts were the luxury of the well off.

If the restaraunt trade had started in bacup things might be different.

School dinners and sunday dinners were staples meal times before the modern resteraunt in the UK

Years ago in barnsley, I went into a chippy and asked for a chip barm and the chippy fell silent
The "girl" serving said "we call them butties here" and a really rough looking lad behind me piped up "barm! You're posh. Where are you from, Oldham?"
In the early 80s I was in a chippy in Bradford (the Yorkshire one) and the person in front ordered "Cake 'n T-Cake". They were given a Scallop muffin!

It's always been Breakfast, Dinner and Tea in Clayton. Was in the 60s and still is. And if you went to the Local Bakers on Dargai St. (Alan Galley's) you ordered Muffins. Also, at school it was always "School Dinners/Dinner time".

iu

Sums up my genetics to be fair...

I saw this the other day, not sure how they got away with the 'sup tha brew ya bastard' tag line on the City Facebook page!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.