T'Yorkshire Challenge

Years ago in barnsley, I went into a chippy and asked for a chip barm and the chippy fell silent
The "girl" serving said "we call them butties here" and a really rough looking lad behind me piped up "barm! You're posh. Where are you from, Oldham?"

Get that a LOT round here. I've lived in Yorkshire the last 3 years, same happens if you dare call dinner lunch.

Being from Oldham (and therefore quite posh) I can confirm that it's breakfast, lunch and dinner.
And a barm.
And that I am heartbroken that a proud Lancastrian club like City has to look east of the border for footballing talent. Are Delph and Walker even home grown??? ;-)

How the hell did we allow the likes of them into our lovely club, polluting everything they touch? It isn't right, and needs dealing with. And as for "bread cake"; WTF? Everyone knows it's "barm". Also; "breakfast, dinner and tea"? Nonsense. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, obviously.

You're clearly drunk Jim.

And what's with "can I get"? He needs to read the Americans are all twats threads.

Breadcake or Barm, my ar*e!!

It is, always has been and always will be, A MUFFIN!!..

what’s wrong with you people?

Last edited:
Not at all. I'm the only sober person on here. No one in full charge of their faculties would call their midday meal "dinner".

I always thought lunch was an american term that had crept in to the English language (same with brunch).
I hadn't heard the term until I moved to Canada.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.