FA Cup 4th Round 1988 - Blackpool V City - Were You In The Stand Behind The Goal?

Think I was down the side that day and as someone has pointed out the following was only slightly better behaved than in 1984

I went to every cup game that season, including the Full Members games.
It's difficult to explain to a younger supporter that 87-88 was more enjoyable than the following season when we actually achieved promotion.

My dad took me and my brother in the Manchester pub beforehand, right on the front - I was 13.

I was sat in the covered stand on the camera side of that footage, which was also given to City. It was made of wood and stewards kept telling people to stop smoking as it was a fire risk.

I remember them filling the Platt Lane stand in the replay a few days later.

As for the goal, my dad was pissed off, so we left couple minutes earlier and we missed it!

30 years?, bloody hell!

If any youngsters want to know why Standing was and is still popular amongst football fans, that footage shoes why.

I would have been 21 at the time. Don't think I went to that Blackpool match. May have done. Did all the other's though.

As posters say, some of those Blackpool away trips were absolute carnage and mayhem all Day.

A thought. I wonder if the officials Today would have let that melee go amongst the players? The Ref would have probably blown up, due to a player going down and feigning injury. Not then.

Yes I was there and would also have been 21 at the time. Was stood near the back and ended up near the front after that goal went in. Most ridiculous goalmouth scramble I've seen. Very moody day, Blackpool fans had a bit of a mob in the 80s as well as the City lads.

My dad took me and my brother in the Manchester pub beforehand, right on the front - I was 13.

I was sat in the covered stand on the camera side of that footage, which was also given to City. It was made of wood and stewards kept telling people to stop smoking as it was a fire risk.

I remember them filling the Platt Lane stand in the replay a few days later.

As for the goal, my dad was pissed off, so we left couple minutes earlier and we missed it!

30 years?, bloody hell!
That was our regular haunt (The Manchester) so I may have seen you in your school uniform. ;)
Bloody early leavers !!

Yes I was there and would also have been 21 at the time. Was stood near the back and ended up near the front after that goal went in. Most ridiculous goalmouth scramble I've seen. Very moody day, Blackpool fans had a bit of a mob in the 80s as well as the City lads.
We were also right at the back and we ended up about half way down.Absolute bedlam when we scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.