New York City FC

I see it was on the official City web site, then taken down again.

It's reassuring we still hold a few old style traditions in place, amongst all this modern day lark of being really good at stuff.
It's a proper shit thing to do in my opinion and would imagine someone's taking an absolute bollocking this morning. What I don't get is why were City going to have an official communication re his departure in the first place? We'd never ordinarily comment on what former players/coaches are up to at other clubs, so why start now with this?

I doubt there's ever been a case where a 3rd club has ever announced a new manager before the actual clubs involved. It's like Sheffield United announcing we'd signed Kyle Walker last summer. Doesn't do the image of NYCFC being a branch or subordinate of City any good.

It's a proper shit thing to do in my opinion and would imagine someone's taking an absolute bollocking this morning. What I don't get is why were City going to have an official communication re his departure in the first place? We'd never ordinarily comment on what former players/coaches are up to at other clubs, so why start now with this?

I doubt there's ever been a case where a 3rd club has ever announced a new manager before the actual clubs involved. It's like Sheffield United announcing we'd signed Kyle Walker last summer. Doesn't do the image of NYCFC being a branch or subordinate of City any good.

I didn't read it at the time, but maybe it was put on the wrong site as a mistake & should have been on the NYC one.

As you say; it's poor. Whatever the reason.

I doubt there's ever been a case where a 3rd club has ever announced a new manager before the actual clubs involved.
Barcelona did a fairly good job of announcing Pellegrini to us through back channels before we'd even sacked Mancini.

Good experience for him to see if he's good enough to manage City one day. It'd be good to see him do well at Nice then maybe get a bigger job in Italy or Spain and doing well there before coming back to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.