Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point is that his political point about Israel is somewhat diminished by shaking hands with a dictator that tortures and kills people because they are gay.

Maybe it is not his fault.

Or maybe he was ignorant, or had no control over the situation, all of these explanations are more plausible than yours. I'm sure wife beaters, drug addicts and paedophiles have tried to pose for selfies with Mo Salah, if they were successful what does it say about Mo Salah? Absolutely nothing.

The point is that his political point about Israel is somewhat diminished by shaking hands with a dictator that tortures and kills people because they are gay.

Maybe it is not his fault.
I'm not sure any of us would have been able to avoid this PR stunt by the Chechnyan. I'm all for a laugh at Liverpool's expense but this one seemed a bridge too far.... for me.

Moving on .... the Liverpool Echo is running a story showing that Sane being dropped from WC squad illustrates how good their transfer and recruitment policy and execution is.

Apparently Brandt was preferred to Sane and since they made a bid for Brandt it proves something ... might prove he didn’t want to go to dipper central !!!!

Oh well.

I'm not sure any of us would have been able to avoid this PR stunt by the Chechnyan. I'm all for a laugh at Liverpool's expense but this one seemed a bridge too far.... for me.

Pep has shaken hands with the Sheikh, what does this say about him? The Guardian would have you believe it makes him a hypocrite.

3CB5A2CE00000578-0-image-a-2_1485910737206.jpg

Be careful who you're seen with.

Egypt recognised Israel in 1979, as a consequence it got the Sinai back, the Russian advisers were gone, Egypt became a massive recipient of American aid and Israeli tourists started visiting Egypt. In 1981 Sadat was assassinated and replaced by Hosni Mubarak.

I have no idea what Mo Salah's attitude is to Israelis, but in the 25 years I travelled to Egypt attitudes on the streets have not grown warm and accepting.

The Jewish Chronicle would have you believe that reluctance to shake hands with members of an Israeli team is the same as refusing to shake hands with a Jewish person, they are not the same.

That is not to condone whatever it is Salah did or did not do.
The Israeli team made up of Arabs and Jews - of course not shaking hands with them is the same as refusing to shale hands with a Jewish person. And why ask not to travel. He is obviously a very stupid and simple person especially given his actions of recent days. By all means have a point of view but you can't be hypocritical about it and not expect to be hammered for it. Happy to take his wages from a Jew when he was at Chelsea wasn't he and now at Liverpool as owners of Fenway are Jewish.

The Israeli team made up of Arabs and Jews - of course not shaking hands with them is the same as refusing to shale hands with a Jewish person. And why ask not to travel. He is obviously a very stupid and simple person especially given his actions of recent days. By all means have a point of view but you can't be hypocritical about it and not expect to be hammered for it. Happy to take his wages from a Jew when he was at Chelsea wasn't he and now at Liverpool as owners of Fenway are Jewish.

Nothing you've posted and nothing Salah is accused of doing could lead a reasonable person to believe....
of course not shaking hands with them is the same as refusing to shale hands with a Jewish person.

If he did do what you are suggesting, maybe Salah didn't want to be associated with an Israeli team, that is not, of itself, anti-Semitic.

no it isn't. Does refusing to shake the hand of say...Stan Collymore...mean that you refuse to shake the hand of black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.