Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

I think Sterling has more pressing matters to deal with than contract negotiations in the middle of a World Cup tournament. Anything that comes out in the papers is just paper talk.
The Club, the player and his agent will all sit round the table when he comes back from Russia and discuss his future. If his future lies with our Club, then great. If what the Club wants and the player wants differs, then he will either see his contract out, or move on and play his football elsewhere next season.

cant see sterling ever playing for barca or real, I doubt they are interested, just agent talking shit.

There are quite a few world class players that play in that position that barca or real are more likely to go for, sterling is not even a dead cert starter for England so it shows how far down the pecking order of world class he is.

I am not against sterling at all, just annoyed at him asking for more money via his agent. He should not be on above 200k per week, he is no where near the key player as KDB / silva / Kun are.

I think he knows himself that his best career stance is to stay under pep at city, try and go for money and a move will see a slide downhill.

He is not as good as sane, if mahrez does sign and we see the three of them rotating he will need to be on top form to get a decent share of games.

Id be pissed off if city offered 250k and 5 years.. His stats looked good this season, think the whole team showed good stats and rightly so with over hundred goals and 100 points :-)
Good post I agree

Absolute nonsense,the media are going in hard on him,setting him up to be the fall guy at the world cup,he loves it here and always said he will sort it out after the world cup,another negative for him before he leaves for the cup

This isn't true. The contract stand-off has been the case for a few months, some of the newspapers decided against it as we got closer to World Cup.

Sky Sports got it from his agent Aidy Ward, who is clearly trying to call City bluff.

I expect it will get done but at stupid money.

We've got Bernardo and possibly mahrez and Diaz who could play that position so it's only sterling who loses out because he will only go downwards but maybe on more money. But I will wish him all the best if he does not wish and his family dead like some would.

One story in the press about him not having yet agreed a contract and there are already people getting tetchy and telling him to sign or leave. Is this really how easy it is to taint public perception?

A player like Sterling, coming into his prime, English too, we have to work out what he is worth to us over the next four years, as we know Sterling trusts his agent.

In this market and with a good World Cup, we would be crazy to sell but Raz could easily be worth £100m.

This isn't true. The contract stand-off has been the case for a few months, some of the newspapers decided against it as we got closer to World Cup.

Sky Sports got it from his agent Aidy Ward, who is clearly trying to call City bluff.

I expect it will get done but at stupid money.
There is no way we will sell him,he is a centurian so is going to believe rightly he is worth a decent wage,it will get done

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.