Sterling’s contract - three year extension confirmed

Yes plz. Sane, Jesus and Mbappe up front would be a world class strike force for 5-10 years. Sterling can only dream to get to Mbappe’s level.
Hahahaha now I know you’re on a wind up! Have you actually seen Mbappe play? Yes, he’s good but his stats aren’t as good as sterling’s, AND he’s playing in an inferior league. To say ‘can only dream of getting to Mbappes level’ is you going over the top with dissing one of our players!

You have your opinions, I have mine. My opinion is that Sterling is overrated and has benefitted greatly due to Pep’s system, like Pedro did at Barcelona . Put him in a normal team and he would be nowhere near as good. He hasn’t scored for England for a long time, since 2015 I believe. I have no problem keeping him if he wants to stay but if he is being greedy and asking for money that he doesn’t deserve then let him go. Pep will hold the same view, he got rid of Ronaldinho, Deco, Etoo and Ibrahimovic, do you think he would be afraid of getting rid of Sterling if he feels he is getting too big for his boots?

This has probably already been said many times over but I'll say what I'm thinking anyway, we've known for weeks on end now that the plan was wait until after the world cup before negotiating a new contract. What better way than this to get rid of those pesky Sterling supporters who are ruing their sport of hate mongering to sell papers off Sterling's back? Already people are turning on him, Liverpool fans have been triggered by old memories and are already bitterly telling us "we told you so, he's a $nake" and so on...

Sorry to be blunt but to those reacting to it, just wipe your fannies and ignore this story because they most likely haven't even been in ANY negotiations, Sterling's quite busy preparing for a WC and as above the plan was to wait until after the WC to begin even talking about a new contract.

We should probably expect them to wait a bit and then do the same with Jesus who is also waiting until after the WC, the angle there will be he wants a "bigger" club like Real Madrid to join Neymar perhaps? Even if we decide not to renew and protect our wage structure, we'll still get our moneys worth out of Raheem either way and doubly so with Jesus who will go for a fortune if we do sell.

Sterling's next 2 years are make or break IMO. Nobody is worth that sort of wage but he has a right to fight the best deal possible. We do not want this to drag out it needs putting to bed b 4 season starts.

He will become a top player when the goals start going in consistently, 20 + goals & 10 assists is a great season imagine 1/4 more of his chances go in & where talking Salah totals here so we can't afford to loose him & he's English.

What if he is happy ? Should we still let him go ?
If he is happy he will stay and sign. If he’s even thinking of anywhere else Pep will have him gone. He won’t mess about. I hope he does sign as he will only get better. No fucker knows what’s going on as it’s all speculation so no one is any better than the other guessing their opinion

This has probably already been said many times over but I'll say what I'm thinking anyway, we've known for weeks on end now that the plan was wait until after the world cup before negotiating a new contract. What better way than this to get rid of those pesky Sterling supporters who are ruing their sport of hate mongering to sell papers off Sterling's back? Already people are turning on him, Liverpool fans have been triggered by old memories and are already bitterly telling us "we told you so, he's a $nake" and so on...

Sorry to be blunt but to those reacting to it, just wipe your fannies and ignore this story because they most likely haven't even been in ANY negotiations, Sterling's quite busy preparing for a WC and as above the plan was to wait until after the WC to begin even talking about a new contract.

We should probably expect them to wait a bit and then do the same with Jesus who is also waiting until after the WC, the angle there will be he wants a "bigger" club like Real Madrid to join Neymar perhaps? Even if we decide not to renew and protect our wage structure, we'll still get our moneys worth out of Raheem either way and doubly so with Jesus who will go for a fortune if we do sell.
Articulated much better than I could. FFS, I can't believe this thread has gone to 32 pages. Everyone new this contract would not be agreed before then world cup.

If I were in his shoes I'd laugh at all the media bullshit I got and find solace in the people that see me for who I am and support me....
His family team mates and....
giphy.gif
Sorry @blueincy, hope you don’t mind me using your post. Thought it was relevant!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.