Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention the situation at Sporting, most of the players wanting out of the club. Would there likely be any good players that City is keeping an eye on?
There’s another thread already for that mate. Think the consensus so far seems to be no.

Sometimes I can be a bit sarcastic.

Absolutely no problem ABJ, and this is the forum where sarcasm reigns supreme - whereas Milner is just a completely bitter and stupid twat .

His pain at the end of the CL final was so good to see.

An interesting question for anyone who can be arsed or is interested.

If you (sorry offensive part) were a Leicester fan would you ever want to win the league again? This is a genuinely serious question.
Up to ten years ago, which might be considered to be similar to where Leicester are now, I would have taken anything. Even a cup semi final at Wembley would have been an achievement, as would making the UEFA League. If we had won the league back then, or won anything, we would always have wanted to repeat the achievement, probably accepting it would be a rare occurrence.

Leicester (and Wigan and Birmingham in the domestic cups) have shown it is possible to break the stranglehold of the big clubs and they should be ambitious to do it again.

I have to say that the Leicester fans we have seen on here, and also when I have ventured into their forums, are a breath of fresh air in their attitudes towards football, their own situation and us. They are far more reasonable than any other group of fans we interact with.

If you (sorry offensive part) were a Leicester fan would you ever want to win the league again? This is a genuinely serious question.
Of course I would. I really thought you would buy decent players to supplement the squad and try again the season after but I think the players knew they'd never win it again and imo they wasn't at full tilt to regain it.
It just seems like it'll be a one off for you boys now unfortunately, I thought you'd get a cup but it isn't looking so.
I don't think puel is the answer, get a decent manager and you never know.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
I'll ask you the same question, would you want to win it again?

Hell, yes. If you'd only ever had sex once in your life, and it was completely unexpected because you'd always been a bit of an ugly sod, and everyone said when you were trying to get close to her that you'd never manage it, and then when it happened it was stunning & sensational, and all the folk who'd said you had no chance had to admit you were actually really good at it (even though some said you took things to boost your performance), wouldn't you want to do it again?

Guess you have no clue about football if you don't think 12 goals and 12 assists is good, actually insane if you think about the team he is in,

I didn't say it wasn't good, did I? And as already mentioned, he and Vardy are the focal point of that Leicester team. I'll happily be proved wrong, and I think he's a great player, I'm just not a fan. Some of the Mahrez Fan Club on here need to stop being defensive just because others are questioning what looks to be our record signing.

The poster called Bozo I think (who's not keen by the way).

That's just what I've read from various sources (that or 60mil + 15 add-ons)

Hell, yes. If you'd only ever had sex once in your life, and it was completely unexpected because you'd always been a bit of an ugly sod, and everyone said when you were trying to get close to her that you'd never manage it, and then when it happened it was stunning & sensational, and all the folk who'd said you had no chance had to admit you were actually really good at it (even though some said you took things to boost your performance), wouldn't you want to do it again?
Nice analogy so long as it’s not aimed at me...
Of course I would. I really thought you would buy decent players to supplement the squad and try again the season after but I think the players knew they'd never win it again and imo they wasn't at full tilt to regain it.
It just seems like it'll be a one off for you boys now unfortunately, I thought you'd get a cup but it isn't looking so.
I don't think puel is the answer, get a decent manager and you never know.
Welcome to the forum by the way.
I'll ask you the same question, would you want to win it again?
We got it horribly wrong, we spent a fortune, north of £50 million on 3 players, £30 million of which was on Slimani who appears to be a flop for us.

We tried but royally effed it up.
Up to ten years ago, which might be considered to be similar to where Leicester are now, I would have taken anything. Even a cup semi final at Wembley would have been an achievement, as would making the UEFA League. If we had won the league back then, or won anything, we would always have wanted to repeat the achievement, probably accepting it would be a rare occurrence.

Leicester (and Wigan and Birmingham in the domestic cups) have shown it is possible to break the stranglehold of the big clubs and they should be ambitious to do it again.

I have to say that the Leicester fans we have seen on here, and also when I have ventured into their forums, are a breath of fresh air in their attitudes towards football, their own situation and us. They are far more reasonable than any other group of fans we interact with.
Thank you. I believe I am fairly reasoned and balanced but perhaps my opinion isn’t universal on me.

Not wishing to blow smoke up your arse, I really enjoyed it a few seasons ago when we played you at the KP and I was right next to your fans and th vocal ness of the support was superb.

You did spoil it a bit by beating us though.

Claude Puel divides the fans almost down the middle, he started off well but as with most things it was a false dawn. I believe the owners ‘had a word’ with a couple of games to go and we were far more competitive and we exiting to watch.

We’ve made a couple of strong signings already and a couple more should stand us in good stead to break the top six to eight.

Spurs are spent in my opinion, Man U have The Special One and I don’t think will threaten.

This season I think you will need to be wary of Liverpool if they get a goalkeeper and a couple of quality defenders along with Chelsea who have ££££ - although the Abramovich situation could hamper them financially.

Arsenal will need to rebuild.

So that’s you and us then?

Because I believe no one believed we could win it (obviously including our fans).

As such it was incredible and perhaps all the more amazing as it only happened once?
I remember when City won the league in 2012 it was done in such an excruciating manner that for a while City fans thought life would never be the same again. We'd be forever trying to hit that high and nothing would ever match it, and I think that's true to an extent.

For Leicester fans nothing will ever match that season, and for City fans no title win will ever bring the joy that the 2012 one did, but you just have to try and do it again. 2017/18 was still pretty magical for City fans. As stress-free a way to win a title as has ever been done.

I remember when City won the league in 2012 it was done in such an excruciating manner that for a while City fans thought life would never be the same again. We'd be forever trying to hit that high and nothing would ever match it, and I think that's true to an extent.

For Leicester fans nothing will ever match that season, and for City fans no title win will ever bring the joy that the 2012 one did, but you just have to try and do it again. 2017/18 was still pretty magical for City fans. As stress-free a way to win a title as has ever been done.

Agreed. Although we’ve had such magical moments over the season. gabs 100 point winner in the last attack of the game gave me almost the same feeling.

A champions league final win will be the next to compete with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.