Talksport

It did make me laugh. Aluko went for Uruguay because of Suarez, Cavani and godan. Durham went for Serbia and named a few players. Pearce went for Morocco because Portugal are old and Spain sacked their manager.

Think Serbia could be a good call. They have some very good players.

Think Serbia could be a good call. They have some very good players.
I think they have a good chance to go through as runners up, then probably Germany in last 16. It’s going to be tough for any team that doesn’t win their group as the top teams in each group look so strong. England probably the exception to that playing the winners of group H which is probably the weakest group they could of been paired with.

While driving this evening ...Rashfords performance in the last game was better than anything Sterling has done in his entire England career......thought I'd be safe to listen as it was international stuff......radio off, CD on.

While driving this evening ...Rashfords performance in the last game was better than anything Sterling has done in his entire England career......thought I'd be safe to listen as it was international stuff......radio off, CD on.

I take it you mean on the Saggers show which started at 7pm!

Before that on drive with Durham, Pearce and Eni Aluko, a caller spoke about Sterling and said he wasn't any good for England.
Pearce and Durham said Sterling had played a very solid last four or five games for England. Aluko then piped up that Sterling had to score, but again Durham defended Sterling by saying if he's running at defenders creating space, winning free kicks in dangerous areas and setting up winning goals then he's doing his job and he doesn't need to score

Durham talked so much sense all the way through today's show and it was so much better without Gough

Before that on drive with Durham, Pearce and Eni Aluko, a caller spoke about Sterling and said he wasn't any good for England.
Pearce and Durham said Sterling had played a very solid last four or five games for England. Aluko then piped up that Sterling had to score, but again Durham defended Sterling by saying if he's running at defenders creating space, winning free kicks in dangerous areas and setting up winning goals then he's doing his job and he doesn't need to score

Durham talked so much sense all the way through today's show and it was so much better without Gough

It’s because it wasn’t the usual drive time, shock jock show, but a preview of the WC with Durham as main host as he will be for the whole tournament. He is brilliant at this, much better than anyone on 5 Live. I listen to TalkSPORT much more than the BBC alternative during international tournaments because of this. IMO Durham is an excellent journalist but has to dumb down for his usual daytime job to appeal to the masses and his employers. Shame.

Very good point by Durham.

He said if Sterling sets up the winning goal in every game but doesn’t score a single goal then England win the World Cup and he’s player of the tournament.

Scoring goals yourself or doing something to give your teammates a goal is the same thing.

The other morning Brazil asked Saunders why he thought there had been so many goals at the World Cup. He replied because of all the great attacking talent like Mane, Salah & Firmino. At that point the 3 great attacking players had managed 1 penalty between them.

Hallelujah.

Jason Cundy has just hit the nail on the head regarding why Sterling divides opinion.

He said the media have a vendetta against him to which Andy Goldstein replied something along the lines of "does every England fan who doesn't rate Sterling also have a vendetta against him?"

Cundy said their judgement has been clouded and they've been convinced he's no good.

Never thought I'd hear someone on talksport use their fucking brain.

Hallelujah.

Jason Cundy has just hit the nail on the head regarding why Sterling divides opinion.

He said the media have a vendetta against him to which Andy Goldstein replied something along the lines of "does every England fan who doesn't rate Sterling also have a vendetta against him?"

Cundy said their judgement has been clouded and they've been convinced he's no good.

Never thought I'd hear someone on talksport use their fucking brain.

Raheem's rating on the BBC for the Panama game was 7, but the online rating was just over 5.

I remarked to Mrs Vienna that there has been so much negativity towards him that the public perception is that he is crap, no matter how well he plays.

Cundy's comments just back that up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.