Fixtures for 18/19 season

Cardiff (A)
Liverpool (A)
tottenham (A)
Rags (H)
Bournemouth (H)
Everton (H)

This is fixtures directly after the champions league games, tough enough.

Away before games 1, 4, 5 and 6 and at home before games 2 and 3.

Away after the first three, home after the second three.

Hardest ones are away to Liverpool after 2nd game, away to Spurs after 3rd game, at home to Scum after 4th game and away to Chelsea and at home to Everton around the 6th game. With any luck for that last game we'll have the group sewn up and can rest as we did this year.
Thanks for the info gents.

I have to say this is not good news.

We will have players returning from the World Cup and Chelsea the week before.
Whatever happened to the rule that if you won the league you get first home game the following season?
And yet again no fixtures for us over Christmas and away game last.
Utterly disgraceful yet again.
There are trends as you say not only regarding home matches but also when we play teams. Three years in a row now we have the dippers at the start of the year. Also for some reason we will be playing Arsenal and Chelsea consecutively in Feb/March for the third time running.

In general the fixtures are reasonable but imo it is form first, luck second that determines the outcome. For example a fixture that looks hard/easy on paper now may
be viewed differently six months down the track due to form/injuries/suspensions. Anyway I expect us to be putting in a good defence of our title. I can see us getting 87-90 points with a fair wind and it will take a good side to better that.

PossibleSevereFoal-max-1mb.gif

We have the most difficult league fixtures after each of the Champions League games (Liverpool away, Spurs away and the Rags at home) in comparison to the others . Seems like someone's trying to make it as hard as possible to win the league back to back.

There's a great chance of 21 points after the United away game, should a motivated and still contending City be required.

That's a big bonus. Arsenal have had some really dodgy opening games in recent years - Leicester should have beat them last year and West Ham beat them the year before.

Winning at the Emirates would send a very clear message and set us up very nicely into a run of games before Liverpool away in October.

That Wolves away game during the start could be trickier than we expect.

For context - we dropped seven points at home last season we should NEVER have. For me, that's wiggle room right there to offset slip-ups on the road.

Mahrez loves playing against Arsenal BTW :)

Dippers away 06/10/18 bury the hoodoo. Not confident but hopefully this will be the year (sound like a Dipper myself with that comment)

First 10 fixtures

Arsenal (a)
Huddersfield
Wolves (a)
Newcastle
Cardiff (a)
Brighton
Liverpool (a) - 2/3 days after a CL game
Burnley
Spurs (a) - 2/3 days after a CL game

3 away games against the top 6 in the first 10 games, they are terrified of us running away with it again.

That's exactly what my first reaction was.
Oh well win em and run away with it anyhow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.