General transfer rumours

A former player from the Mercer era, now club ambassador, told me that City have held high level talks about making an approach for Rashford.

That's literally all I know on the situation, but I certainly found it interesting.

He's clearly being stifled at United, and I can see him being in demand should he have a decent World Cup
Ha ha

Im
A former player from the Mercer era, now club ambassador, told me that City have held high level talks about making an approach for Rashford.

That's literally all I know on the situation, but I certainly found it interesting.

He's clearly being stifled at United, and I can see him being in demand should he have a decent World Cup
Imagine the reaction in Dorset, Dublin, London, Belfast, Home Counties etc if this happened

I imagine the Barca media team would have taken control of the announcement if he was going.

Not really, Cerezo & Atleti have been threatening a lawsuit due to contact between Barcelona & Griezmann - only conceivable reason this hasn't been revealed sooner. 17 days until July 1 when his transfer fee goes down to 100 million

Wouldn't ever be allowed to happen.

Yeah they'd not allow it just for the symbolism of the move even if our interest was real and they wanted rid of him for whatever reason.

Also you'd wonder if the kid would want to join us even if he was unhappy and wanted to leave United. He's a fan, he probably doesn't want to become rag public enemy #1 and vilified by every ex-player in the media for a decade.

Yeah they'd not allow it just for the symbolism of the move even if our interest was real and they wanted rid of him for whatever reason.

Also you'd wonder if the kid would want to join us even if he was unhappy and wanted to leave United. He's a fan, he probably doesn't want to become rag public enemy #1 and vilified by every ex-player in the media for a decade.

Exactly. Even if we miraculously agreed a fee with them, I'd question whether Rashford would be willing to become a national scapegoat for daring to leave the rags.

Exactly. Even if we miraculously agreed a fee with them, I'd question whether Rashford would be willing to become a national scapegoat for daring to leave the rags.
That should not stop us from at least trying. If nothing else we will make their life somewhat more difficult having to deal with the implications of yet another young player wanting to leave. Martial is also on his was it would seem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.