Fixtures for 18/19 season

Which is why he wrote 21 points. You then wrote 23 several times.

Did you bang your head today?

Huh....woops! Haha.

Although perhaps that's actually optimistic at that stage of the season with CL and FA Cup fixtures piling up, those games against relegation candidates in between 1/4 and semi final legs become banana skins as we saw this year.

Anyway we're the best team, we should win. Personally i think it'll be all over (effectively, maybe not mathematically) before the derby.

Do people reckon Liverpool away will be moved to a Monday night as both us and the scousers are in the champions league the previous week?

Away to Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea in the first half of the season.

I like that; means we're home for 80% of the "big" matches in the second half and run in. United away 2nd half isn't bad either, given that we're usually pretty good at their place of late.

A nice run to start with, and a decent run at the end. Doesn't seem too bad to me.

The Christmas fixtures are a joke - Leicester and then Southampton.
Last season it was Newcastle and Palace
The season before it was Hull and Liverpool

So that's FOUR successive seasons no home fixture on Boxing Day.
Why? - It use to alternate between us and the rags.

The FA are a joke.

The Christmas fixtures are a joke - Leicester and then Southampton.
Last season it was Newcastle and Palace
The season before it was Hull and Liverpool

So that's FOUR successive seasons no home fixture on Boxing Day.
Why? - It use to alternate between us and the rags.

The FA are a joke.
I think that and the first/last game combo has been a recurring sick joke

A couple of things strike me. Arsenal have 9 players at the World Cup. Less than us but the core of their team will have very little time with a brand new manager, new systems etc. Although we’ve got more at the WC they are all very familiar with how we play so can easily slot back in.

And in terms of the hard games after th CL fixtures - I’d rather be playing other CL teams on those dates. Although the games are hard they’ll have a similar amount of rest to us. I’d rather not be playing an Everton say who’ve had a whole week to prepare.

Cup very much half full!!!!

Not the easiest opening fixture but it's still win-able. It's all down to UEFA and the Champions League draw

Last edited:
I’m fairly sanguine about it, but I would just like to have a Boxing Day recovering from the excesses the previous day by having a livener in Manchester and not having to travel round the country.

And also years ago if you had first game at home you would be away last and vice versa.
What happened to that rule??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.