Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

That about sums it all up really. Not the biggest Gundogan fan but I don’t think you’d have much luck finding a third choice CM with the traits he has.

We should go for a potential first choice one imo, let them fight it out & sell the one who ends up 3rd choice, sign another, etc etc.

I'd be happy for Gundogan to become that, as I was very happy when we signed him, but I don't think he's got it in him anymore.

But if Pep wants to keep him, fair enough.

Didn't he score two against Barca? Good player and a seemingly really nice guy. Probably not seen all he's capable of but so difficult to establish yourself in this team because of the quality

When you consider Barca paid £140m for Coutinho, they'll need to pay a lot more than £50m for Gundogan
Setting aside whether it's a good idea to sell him or not, £50m is about right for him. Turns 28 in October and he's missed a month of every season since 2013

We paid circa 25m for him and for me that is about his worth. Anything more than this and I would drive him to the airport myself. Some people on this thread clearly think that just because Pep bought him he is a world class player. If you watch him week in week out you notice that he hardly tackles. He scores once every 7 games he plays, he hardly creates a chance let alone an assist. And he passes sideways most of the time. He adds very little to the squad at all. Mahrez is a much better player. So is Barnado Silva and he gets less chances that Gundogwan. Sell sell sell.

Exactly. I can see many here don’t watch all the games. You simply can’t watch every game and come to the conclusion Gundogan is top class.

“He needs a run of games”-It’s his second season ffs and he played often. Some also act like Barca can do no wrong but they’ve bought duds like Andre Gomes.

Gundogan is more inclined to dissappear in a game than dominate it which says it all really. Would also add that he often makes the wrong decision in the final third. Shooting when he should play a pass, passing when he should shoot, holding on to the ball too long until the chance is lost. Don’t get me started on his tackling.

For £50m we can easily replace him with a better younger player. Sell immediately.

He had that really nice back heel assist, also scored a couple nice goals. That said, I wouldn't flinch if he left. Failed to really make a difference when he played and says away from anything physical. Also I think he would thrive in the Barca team where they're untouchable and control most games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.