Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

We should go for a potential first choice one imo, let them fight it out & sell the one who ends up 3rd choice, sign another, etc etc.

I'd be happy for Gundogan to become that, as I was very happy when we signed him, but I don't think he's got it in him anymore.

But if Pep wants to keep him, fair enough.

I couldn’t agree more but I don’t think the club is willing to pump out crazy money for a top midfielder. Lazio wants over 100m for SMS, Isco isn’t possible but that would cost who knows how much, and I think there’s a certain specific type of CM that Pep is comfortable with in our free 8 role and they’re rare as is. Kind of ‘stuck’ with Gundogan. He’s not a bad squad player at all but he does frustrate at times.

I’m really digging the clubs pay 30-50m for super prospects approach and trusting Pep to bring that quality out. That’s why I’m high on Paqueta.

Hes a quality player but to me he dosen’t fit into the style of football we play, i’d sell him without a 2nd thought & bring in a more suitable midfielder, not sure who tho?!!

Would love to see a fit Gundogan over a full season. I would keep him. Vast experience, prepared to rotate & has the ability to find passes through packed defences & score goals.

He isn't a class player. He's the weakest midfielder we have.

Didnt he play the Fernandinho role at spurs? What was the score?

Gundogan is a class player but if rumours are true he will want the move because he isn’t first choice in our midfield plus with Mahrez and Jorginho coming he know playing time might be reduced.

Anyway Pep loves the lad and he won’t want him to leave, well unless Gundogan asks to leave.

It’s rubbish to say Gundogan is injury prone, this pass season he has been fit and available since Sept 2017. He has been involved in most games including Champions league. He is a class player and is a better fit in the same position as De Bruyne and Merlin than in Fernandinho role. Just unfortunate for Gundogan that De Bruyne and Merlin are a class above.

Even at £50m that would be a steel for any club. Any midfield player we bring in will cost at least the same to us. Gundogan is still at his peak and can still improve under Pep.

If he leaves it will because Pep wants to make tactical change to the team.

Gundogan gets a thumbs up from me for what he has brought to City.

Could only see him sold if we feel that there is a player on the market we need the cash for.

Potentially we may see it as a chance to make a nice big fee, Jorginho has already strengthened the midfield and we could always draft in Douglas Luiz if he impresses in pre season.

I’d personally take our money back on him. Sounds like a nice bloke and is neat and tidy but doesnt do quite enough for me.

I couldn’t agree more but I don’t think the club is willing to pump out crazy money for a top midfielder. Lazio wants over 100m for SMS, Isco isn’t possible but that would cost who knows how much, and I think there’s a certain specific type of CM that Pep is comfortable with in our free 8 role and they’re rare as is. Kind of ‘stuck’ with Gundogan. He’s not a bad squad player at all but he does frustrate at times.

I’m really digging the clubs pay 30-50m for super prospects approach and trusting Pep to bring that quality out. That’s why I’m high on Paqueta.

A top 'prospect' would fit right into what I'm talking about as opposed to blowing 100 mil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.