The NHS and its future

But that’s not what the NHS was set up for, next they will, be saying you need to set up social,housing for them etc etc. IVF can be paid for out your own pocket the same with the other stuff, it seems to me that we either pay extra for the nhs to fund these things or we stop doing them. So what do people want? I’m all for an extra 1p on income tax if it means getting in to see a doctor etc when I want but that money should be used onky for nhs, same as road tax should onky be used for our roads.

I think the NHS is starting to realise that instead of being at the crisis end of a persons illness (the expensive end) its best for there to be earlier interventions such as educating people about Obesity / Smoking and drinking.

Same applies for a lot of stuff..... intervene early and it will save you £1000's

and no they wont be setting up social housing for transgenders......we have the homeless to deal with first

I think the NHS is starting to realise that instead of being at the crisis end of a persons illness (the expensive end) its best for there to be earlier interventions such as educating people about Obesity / Smoking and drinking.

Same applies for a lot of stuff..... intervene early and it will save you £1000's

and no they wont be setting up social housing for transgenders......we have the homeless to deal with first
Thing is, if you take diabetes as an example, it can be pretty much reversed in type 2. Change of diet, lose weight, excerise and the improvement can be dramatic. The issue is the knee jerk reaction to bang someone on metformin. Far too much medication issued and far less other strategies tried first.

Thing is, if you take diabetes as an example, it can be pretty much reversed in type 2. Change of diet, lose weight, excerise and the improvement can be dramatic. The issue is the knee jerk reaction to bang someone on metformin. Far too much medication issued and far less other strategies tried first.

Thats what I mean .....so educating people about Diet, weight and exercise will hopefully solve the problem but that does take time. One of our friends is a Diabetes nurse and part of her role is to do exactly that working through schools

Good post. I might have made this point before but Government economists looked at different options / scenarios and the only one that was sustainable was adopting ill health prevent / health promotion on a major scale.

To give a different example, the NHS is Greater Manchester is committing several million pounds t getting unemployed people back into work quickly because longer term unemployment is linked to increased illness and more expensive health and social care.

The NHS still needs more investment and billions were wasted on Lansley’s restructuring etc but a greater focus ion prevention is central to sustaining our healthcare services.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of lazy bastards out there who would rather take a pill than excersise and diet and I include my wife in this, it’s like talking to a brick wall, I’ve given up now so when she gets ill or tired and has hypos I have zero sympathy. I see it all the time at work as well, people need to want to help themselves but we make it to easy for them not to, start charging them for medication and they’d soon think twice about it. Christ people won’t even buy smoke alarms for their house because we give them for free and I’m talking about people who are not poor either, we see people who would rather spend £10 on a packet of fags rather than house insurance then when it burns down they are fucked it’s endemic in our society now.

Unfortunately there’s a lot of lazy bastards out there who would rather take a pill than excersise and diet and I include my wife in this, it’s like talking to a brick wall, I’ve given up now so when she gets ill or tired and has hypos I have zero sympathy. I see it all the time at work as well, people need to want to help themselves but we make it to easy for them not to, start charging them for medication and they’d soon think twice about it. Christ people won’t even buy smoke alarms for their house because we give them for free and I’m talking about people who are not poor either, we see people who would rather spend £10 on a packet of fags rather than house insurance then when it burns down they are fucked it’s endemic in our society now.
People are cunts.

What you say is a constant frustration for the professional bodies on the receiving end of such laziness and lack of personnel accountability.The numerous individuals i encountered on a daily basis is a major reason i left my previous profession.There are enough genuine people requiring intervention and help through no fault of their own,attending to wankers who think the world owes them a living did my fucking head in.

The NHS simply wasn't created for such abuse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44507135

Agree or not with 'medical cannabis'?

Personally think it was the correct decision to discontinue it within the NHS as it is a slippery slope, and anything could be prescribed but there should be limits
I think you should be allowed it but at your own expense, allow people to buy it after getting a prescription from the doctor, but you must pay for it yourself not the NHS.

I see the BBC headlines say the government will give an extra £20bn to the NHS, as a 70th anniversary birthday present.

Since when have the Tories ever been generous to the public sector, especially the NHS?

This is looking more and more like a headline news grabber for party electioneering purposes, I suspect another general election is in the offing, considering May is struggling to keep her party together due to all the Brexit infighting.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.