World Cup VAR

People seem to have the wrong idea of how VAR works. The ref doesn't decide when VAR is used, he is told by the VAR officials if he has made a mistake. If they agree with his decision on the pitch the game carries on.

The Ref can at no point stop the game and ask to watch a replay.

But he did make a mistake and they didn't bother telling him ?

Would have thought the VAR would tell the ref to take a look at that. Maybe they thought the first one was soft and wanted to even it up? Either way, really poor...

But mistakes will still happen with VAR. Just a lot less often. It's brand new. Don't need to panic, it works just fine. Now the refs need to do better.

People seem to have the wrong idea of how VAR works. The ref doesn't decide when VAR is used, he is told by the VAR officials if he has made a mistake. If they agree with his decision on the pitch the game carries on.

So we've got un-named faceless people in a studio somewhere, deciding which incidents to look back at. There'll be no comeback on them at all unlike the ref who gets abused by 50,000 people

It'll be interesting to see if (when) 'certain teams' get far more incidents reviewed and overturned than other teams. It just opens another can of worms

Not true. He can ask if any decision is worth a review.

Is that right ? If so I have no idea why as a ref you wouldn't almost automatically refer that penalty shout. Even if you think the guys dived, check it, if he has dived book him, if its a pen give it. Makes your life easier.

It'll never work, if its not fully transparent what is going on.

That's just stupid then. He should be able to refer.
I'm not sure he needs to refer things, but the game can stop until its been reviewed, in that one case the ball had gone out of play for a corner anyway, so it should have been looked at, the time taken wouldn't matter.

When the VAR officials and/or the referee can decide what will be looked at, and it all be done without the paying audience knowing, it won't solve any problems, its either used on all occasions, or none for me, and it should be shown to the paying fan in the stadium.

But he did make a mistake and they didn't bother telling him ?

Did he make an "obvious error" though. I've seen plenty of people saying it wasn't a pen. This is the issue with VAR, it will always be at the mercy of interpretation.

That's just stupid then. He should be able to refer.

If that it true then even more liable to corruption because anonymous individuals can influence results? The process is not clear to me or the commentators.

So those against Var want more wrong decisions than right but when a referee doesn’t use Var when you don’t want Var you moan var isn’t being used.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.