World Cup VAR

That doesn't make sense.

If v.a.r. is being used, then they should use it for every similar instance & each should be judged exactly the same criteria.

If it isn't being used, then it's up to the ref.

When it not been used it is the referees fault it’s them who need to learn.

IMO, given the state of technology and fan expectation, VAR should by-in-large remain peripheral to the game - you shouldn't notice that it's there. Whatever call the ref makes on the field stands - play is brisk with no long reviews by the booth - you'd never notice that VAR was there.

Until, and unless, something dramatically wrong has transpired where the refs clearly have made an error. At this point VAR should step in and correct an obvious game impactful blunder.

I'm not watching all of the WC games this year - I watched all of Portugal v. Spain and the 1st half of Russia v. Saudi Arabia - so far, VAR for me is doing exactly what it should be doing.

But perhaps it's fared worse in games I haven't watched.

Yep early days of Var it will improve and then consistancy comes.

While I agree the process will become more efficient over time. It will still be at the mercy of personal interpretation. Look at the pen not given in that Argentina game, VAR isn't getting rid of people viewing the incidents differently.

I am in favour of it though< i think in the long run it will lead to more correct decisions.

When it not been used it is the referees fault it’s them who need to learn.

So we have a choice between refs making mistakes or blokes looking at screens, deciding when to allow refs to make mistakes or when to step in.

Which is fucking ridiculous imo.

It either gets used hardly at all only for an absolute glaring obvious miscarriage of justice, or it gets used for every similar instance.

You can't have people reviewing one penalty call then suddenly deciding they are going to let another one go.

That is far worse than a simple ref mistake.

None of the pens they have given have been straightforward decisions. Then they let the next one go when it's arguably a more clear pen than the one they gave.

It's a joke & is completely open to corruption, which criminals will seek to exploit, without any shadow of a doubt.

While I agree the process will become more efficient over time. It will still be at the mercy of personal interpretation. Look at the pen not given in that Argentina game, VAR isn't getting rid of people viewing the incidents differently.

I am in favour of it though< i think in the long run it will lead to more correct decisions.

Agree but other decisions are being looked at that wouldn’t without Var so more that in itself is an improvement.

The Aussie player touched the ball first and then the ball ran away from Griezmann, he was never getting to it.
Basic referee guidence. You have to dispossess the player to not give a penalty when tge defender cleans him out! The Australian may have touched the ball but the tackle didn't dispossess Griezmann. Great refereeing!
Note: DIspossession means the attacker having to change direction or stride pattern to get to the ball.

Last edited:
Basic referee guidence. You have to dispossess the player to not give a penalty when you clean him out. The Australian may have touched the ball but the tackle didn't dispossess Griezmann. Great refereeing!
Clean him out? Come on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.