Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess you're going to now tell us how the Democrats have pulled the disenfranchised black population out of the ghettos and into a life of family values and prosperity. I await your concise comments, together with a comprehensive indication of how successful they've become under previous administrators. Please be concise - you don't get a free pass with me.
First of all who the hell are you? I don't need a pass from anybody on a message board tough guy.

Second, it was LBJ (a Democrat) who passed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act which literally gave the vote to the disenfranchised black population in the south. It's the republicans who recently gutted the voting rights act.

Other things Democrats support:
Healthcare for all
Education for all and affirmative action
Labor unions
Raising the minimum wage
Regulations on lenders/banking industry

All of these help those on the lower rungs of the economic ladder.

Things republicans support:
Healthcare for all (as long as they're either rich or healthy enough not to need it)
Education for all (as long as you are either rich enough to pay for it or are comfortable going into massive debt at high interest rates)
Busting labor unions and giving all of the power to corporations
Eliminating the minimum wage
Letting predatory lenders and banks make up their own rules

Every one of these make it almost impossible to improve one's standing w/o a ton of luck

Comparing anyone to Hitler is the idiot’s guide to politics in the 21st century.

Congratulations on joining the group.

He’s not a white supremacist. He’s displayed racist traits to some minorities but it’s not reached white supremacy, not even close.

My example of world hunger was a hypothetical, of course I don’t think he’s going to cure world hunger for fuck sake.

He's cozying up to dictators like Kim Jong Un and Putin while praising Duterte and Erdogan. He said that likes the way Kim's people respond to him with such fervor and that he wants Americans would do the same for him. He knows that Kim's people react like they do because they get executed if they don't.

His lawyer goes on TV and says that if Dumb Donald wants to kill people he can because he's president and can't be indicted.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ed-shooting-comey_us_5b151797e4b02143b7ce0d58

He has border agents telling immigrant families that they're going to take their children for a bath and then stealing the children from the parents.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...es-border-under-zero-tolerance-policy-n883716

When asked to disavow the KKK and their former grand wizard David Duke he claimed to not know then and wouldn't disavow
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...es-border-under-zero-tolerance-policy-n883716
Even though he knows who David Duke is and had talked about him in the past.

He said there were "many fine people" marching w/ white supremacists in Charlottesville

So let's see here. He attacks leaders like Trudeau, Macron and Merkel and also attacked the mayor of London after a terrorist attack. He sings praises of Putin and Kim. When he was asked to disavow the KKK he claimed to not know who they were and what they stand for. He's retweeted memes from known white supremacists. He's "concentrating" children into camps that have murals of him on the walls. He pardoned a racist sheriff who unjustly targeted Latinos and held them in substandard illegal prisons and while starving them. And he said that the people who were protesting the nazis in Charlottesville shared part of the blame even though one of them was killed. He attacks black athletes who peacefully protest racial injustice and calls them "sons of bitches".

Oh and not that it matters but he openly endorsed a pedophile in a Senate race about six months ago, he brags about committing sexual assault, his whole family is being sued by the state of NY for using funds from their fraudulent Trump Foundation to help his campaign, his campaign chair is in prison for witness tampering while under indictment for his dealings w/ Russia, his former National Security Adviser has been convicted of federal crimes, he's pledged to help China's phone company ZTE who is seen as a security threat by US intelligence agencies after China gave him $500 million to build a hotel and awarded over 20 patents to his daughter.

Comparing anyone to Hitler is the idiot’s guide to politics in the 21st century.

Congratulations on joining the group.

He’s not a white supremacist. He’s displayed racist traits to some minorities but it’s not reached white supremacy, not even close.

My example of world hunger was a hypothetical, of course I don’t think he’s going to cure world hunger for fuck sake.
Comparing Trump to Hitler’s entire period as leader is of course stupid but it’s not quite so stupid to compare Trump’s campaign and first year in power with Hitler’s.
Both campaigns were based on scapegoating minorities; Jews in Hitler’s case, Mexicans and Muslims in Trump’s.
They both had regular rallies where they would appeal to their supporters’ fears and prejudices.
In power, Hitler spent the first year getting laws changed to give him more power. Trump has been loading up the judiciary with right wingers in an effort to do the same.
One of Hitler’s catchphrases was “Lugenpresse” which effectively means “Fake News”.
They both managed to get a similar proportion (around 45%) to elect them and relied on that support to implement their agendas.

Ultimately I would like to think that the democratic structures in place in the US are more deeply entrenched than those in 1930s Germany and the US isn’t recovering from a war that they lost 15 years earlier so I can’t see the rest of Trump’s time as President being in any way similar to Hitler’s. But it’s quite alarming that it’s gone this far.

He's cozying up to dictators like Kim Jong Un and Putin while praising Duterte and Erdogan. He said that likes the way Kim's people respond to him with such fervor and that he wants Americans would do the same for him. He knows that Kim's people react like they do because they get executed if they don't.

His lawyer goes on TV and says that if Dumb Donald wants to kill people he can because he's president and can't be indicted.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ed-shooting-comey_us_5b151797e4b02143b7ce0d58

He has border agents telling immigrant families that they're going to take their children for a bath and then stealing the children from the parents.

When asked to disavow the KKK and their former grand wizard David Duke he claimed to not know then and wouldn't disavow
Even though he knows who David Duke is and had talked about him in the past.

He said there were "many fine people" marching w/ white supremacists in Charlottesville

So let's see here. He attacks leaders like Trudeau, Macron and Merkel and also attacked the mayor of London after a terrorist attack. He sings praises of Putin and Kim. When he was asked to disavow the KKK he claimed to not know who they were and what they stand for. He's retweeted memes from known white supremacists. He's "concentrating" children into camps that have murals of him on the walls. He pardoned a racist sheriff who unjustly targeted Latinos and held them in substandard illegal prisons and while starving them. And he said that the people who were protesting the nazis in Charlottesville shared part of the blame even though one of them was killed. He attacks black athletes who peacefully protest racial injustice and calls them "sons of bitches".

Oh and not that it matters but he openly endorsed a pedophile in a Senate race about six months ago, he brags about committing sexual assault, his whole family is being sued by the state of NY for using funds from their fraudulent Trump Foundation to help his campaign, his campaign chair is in prison for witness tampering while under indictment for his dealings w/ Russia, his former National Security Adviser has been convicted of federal crimes, he's pledged to help China's phone company ZTE who is seen as a security threat by US intelligence agencies after China gave him $500 million to build a hotel and awarded over 20 patents to his daughter.

You’re preaching to the choir on him being a total scumbag.

I detest him.

As someone who has right wing views he’s an embarrassment and has displayed racism whilst being the leader of the free world.

All that said and even with the evidence you’ve posted highlighting how much of a fart the man really is, I still disagree he’s a white supremacist.

He has allies and friends of other ethnicities and his play on the immigration policy is to get the redneck vote.

He’s a piece of shit, I know.

You’re preaching to the choir on him being a total scumbag.

I detest him.

As someone who has right wing views he’s an embarrassment and has displayed racism whilst being the leader of the free world.

All that said and even with the evidence you’ve posted highlighting how much of a fart the man really is, I still disagree he’s a white supremacist.

He has allies and friends of other ethnicities and his play on the immigration policy is to get the redneck vote.

He’s a piece of shit, I know.
Having a black friend or knowing a black person doesn't mean you're not racist.

Comparing Trump to Hitler’s entire period as leader is of course stupid but it’s not quite so stupid to compare Trump’s campaign and first year in power with Hitler’s.
Both campaigns were based on scapegoating minorities; Jews in Hitler’s case, Mexicans and Muslims in Trump’s.
They both had regular rallies where they would appeal to their supporters’ fears and prejudices.
In power, Hitler spent the first year getting laws changed to give him more power. Trump has been loading up the judiciary with right wingers in an effort to do the same.
One of Hitler’s catchphrases was “Lugenpresse” which effectively means “Fake News”.
They both managed to get a similar proportion (around 45%) to elect them and relied on that support to implement their agendas.

Ultimately I would like to think that the democratic structures in place in the US are more deeply entrenched than those in 1930s Germany and the US isn’t recovering from a war that they lost 15 years earlier so I can’t see the rest of Trump’s time as President being in any way similar to Hitler’s. But it’s quite alarming that it’s gone this far.

If you want to look at a leader of a superpower now with comparisons to Hitler in the 30’s, then look no further than Mr Putin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.