Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Not sure who said it on BBC game last night but getting shots on target is so important as Kane and Renaldo have demonstrated. If RS could do this his goal tally would rapidly increase.

Wasn't sure where to put this but here should be ok.

LIstening to Shearer yesterday pick his team for the Tunisia game and you can tell Sterling is already being set up as the fall guy. He picked him in his 11 but then went on to say that since he's been given the vote of confidence over Rashford he HAS to perform. He went on to repeat it again and whilst I agree in some respect that Sterling needs to perform surely that goes for everyone?? Why should Lingard and Ali get a free pass?

What is it about Sterling that makes him the guy to get at? Is it just because he would be keeping Rashford out?
Are you saying he doesn’t have to perform then because everyone is overly sensitive about Sterling? Maybe he has to perform 1. Because his England form is poor 2. He’s had the best season of his life and 3. He will get the nod over a player who’s looked better for England.

Take the specs of blues and see the bigger picture. Everyone has to perform although I’d argue sterling is our main threat and hope esp after the season he’s had. He was shite at the euros but for me I didn’t mind as much, it was off the back of a poor season and players like Kane who were flying deserved the flack. I know sterling got the brunt of it then but for me personally sticking to my opinions and not moving the goalposts dependent on who it’s about I feel our best player HAS to perform, especially against the bin men in the group

How many assists does sterling have for England because they going on like he has been England’s striker since he started playing for them?!

Knobhead Shearer expressing his opinion about Sterling having to make an impact at this world cup , to prove himself , (22 goals striker) what about f8cking golden boy Rashford , Kane , Lingard , Vardy etc., , he doesnt mention any of these players having to make a mark at this World Cup , i think Shearer like Hoddle and many others would get a lot of enjoyment if Raheem had a shocking world cup. Sincerely hope he proves them wrong , but if your Sterling waiting for a piercing through ball from Henderson,Dier or Alli you will have a long wait , because they are not on the same planet as KDB or Merlin , we are a 2nd class international football nation and have been for donkeys years , if we get out of the group stage it will be an achievement , because it appears our team selection is influenced by pundits and the media.

Are you saying he doesn’t have to perform then because everyone is overly sensitive about Sterling? Maybe he has to perform 1. Because his England form is poor 2. He’s had the best season of his life and 3. He will get the nod over a player who’s looked better for England.

Take the specs of blues and see the bigger picture. Everyone has to perform although I’d argue sterling is our main threat and hope esp after the season he’s had. He was shite at the euros but for me I didn’t mind as much, it was off the back of a poor season and players like Kane who were flying deserved the flack. I know sterling got the brunt of it then but for me personally sticking to my opinions and not moving the goalposts dependent on who it’s about I feel our best player HAS to perform, especially against the bin men in the group

The point is, though you’ll never admit it because your hatred for him has made you blinkered to fuck, Sterling knows he has to produce, nobody minds him being told he has to but why isn’t the same said for Alli, Lingard, Dier or Kane? Kane was abysmal at the Euros, he’s undoubtedly under more pressure than anyone, or should be, but fuck all is said about the golden boy, and the same with the others I mentioned. Sterling is set up constantly as the fall guy when he’s nowhere near performing badly.

England will be home before the postcards if Henderson is picked above Delph and Dier and Lingard is picked ahead of Loftus-Cheek.

My respect for Raz increases everyday.

He’s so happy to front up to the media for England. I bet the ****s still knock him down though.

The point is, though you’ll never admit it because your hatred for him has made you blinkered to fuck, Sterling knows he has to produce, nobody minds him being told he has to but why isn’t the same said for Alli, Lingard, Dier or Kane? Kane was abysmal at the Euros, he’s undoubtedly under more pressure than anyone, or should be, but fuck all is said about the golden boy, and the same with the others I mentioned. Sterling is set up constantly as the fall guy when he’s nowhere near performing badly.
This.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.