Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

Agreed. I can only see Gundogan being allowed to leave if:

1. A fantastic offer is received.
2. Ilkay wants to go.
3. We have an upgrade within 50% of Gundogs fee ready, & able to sign.

Outside of that I can only see Mahrez, Jorginho, & possibly a few younger prospects signed & loaned out. I still think we need another wide player & to move Bernardo inside, so we can finally see if he has the potential to make it there.

I don't wanna see Gundog leave per se, but I honestly believe there are more effective midfielders available. In low grade matches where we dominate, he's fine. It's the matches where we need to step up that I've found him lacking.

This is why I believe we can do better, BUT he's not a bad back up, albeit I'd prefer to have someone who consistently challenges Silva, KDB & Fernandinho.
The trouble is mate those “someones” cost a hell of a lot of money (As would’ve Gundo pre his injuries) and demand to play week in week out, whereas Gundo, (like Navas before him), seems really happy here, and content to do a very competent job, as a squad member from the bench, whenever the need arises.

Last edited:
Can't see City starting these rumours so it's either his agent or Barca..?

Probably his agent looking for a new deal. I think most agents start looking for a new deal 2 years into a current contract

However if this is true I would be surprised if Gundogan is not tempted. I imagine the speed of La Liga might suit him a little better.

Selling Gundogan for this amount would allow us to bring in both Jorginho and Kovacic. Sounds like a bullocks story but if it's true and ilkay is happy to go, I'd say £50m for a 27 yr old with his history of injuries is a good deal for us.

Ilkay is great at moving the ball around and keeping possession but I always feel we go down a level in creativity and the speed of our ball movement when he fills in for Silva or Debruyne. I honestly have preferred him in the pivot role, when he has filled in for Fernandinho.

Last edited:
Agreed. I can only see Gundogan being allowed to leave if:

1. A fantastic offer is received.
2. Ilkay wants to go.
3. We have an upgrade within 50% of Gundogs fee ready, & able to sign.

Outside of that I can only see Mahrez, Jorginho, & possibly a few younger prospects signed & loaned out. I still think we need another wide player & to move Bernardo inside, so we can finally see if he has the potential to make it there.

I don't wanna see Gundog leave per se, but I honestly believe there are more effective midfielders available. In low grade matches where we dominate, he's fine. It's the matches where we need to step up that I've found him lacking.

This is why I believe we can do better, BUT he's not a bad back up, albeit I'd prefer to have someone who consistently challenges Silva, KDB & Fernandinho.
I know i've asked this question before but forgot the answer now. So humor me for a 2nd with names of these backups who'd challenge Silva and Kev but yet be happy with a back up role?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.