World Cup VAR

If it only gets one in ten right that means it is getting nine out of ten wrong and overturning correct decisions by the referees or failing to correct a mistake of the refs ! Farcical.

What I meant was that if one out of ten decisions are referred and the correct one emerges then fine. The others would stand right or wrong! I didn't want to imply that they were gonna change good decisions to bad!

No im Not talking about offside s which VAR can be used correctly for as with where fouls take place. I'm talking about subjective penalty decisions which are a matter if opinion and in a very high percentage of those that i have seen VAR has got it wrong ( in my opinion ) which is why it can't work for subjective decisions.
In rugby and football the official makes a decision and then sends it up to tv (in cricket the player has the referral decision). Only then do they change the decision if there is an obvious decision. Because the tv and match going fans see the same images, there is a lot less chance of a bent decision.

But... that's nonsense in any form you look at it simply cos it's... subjective!!

A game with no VAR where the ref gives or doesn't give a pen is based on their 'subjective' opinion of how that situation arrived, so your point holds no logic!!

VAR, at least, tries to put together the facts, not opinion...

Eh ? There' s nothing subjective about offside or where an incident took place. They are 100 per cent black and white and the only things that VAR should be used for. Everything else is subjective.

Eh ? There' s nothing subjective about offside or where an incident took place. They are 100 per cent black and white and the only things that VAR should be used for. Everything else is subjective.

Incorrect.

Especially now the the 'offside' position has changed as to how far a player is ahead of the defender to be called offside. 'Daylight' between the players is now the marker.

So... how much is 'daylight' now? Surely this is as subjective as it gets??

Can't understand how you don't see that?!

At least if that's your only argument, you're inclined to agree with the rest of what I've said!

Could managers abuse this as a time wasting tactic ?
Other than that I don’t see many downsides

Let's take that example to the nth degree...

A manager decides to use it in the 89th minute to hold a draw, proved wrong and his player goes down in the pen, under a real challenge in the 92nd minute of 93, & has the chance to win the game, but the ref's view is obscured and the linos aren't committed; how stupid do you think that manager feels about wasting a challenge and 3 points??

On the Argentinian non penalty, in the studio they said that V.A.R. couldnt be used as play had restarted. So why doesnt the ref, who'd already decided it wasnt, not delay the goal kick. This is the bit that worries me as refs will screw us over in the premier.

And that's where the appeal system beats this current nonsense.

The ball was out of play and the incident could have been reviewed as of the appeal.

How can you object if the ref decides to crack on with an incorrect decision??

Let's take that example to the nth degree...

A manager decides to use it in the 89th minute to hold a draw, proved wrong and his player goes down in the pen, under a real challenge in the 92nd minute of 93, & has the chance to win the game, but the ref's view is obscured and the linos aren't committed; how stupid do you think that manager feels about wasting a challenge and 3 points??

His own fault for trying to time waste

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.