Barca apparently interested in Gundogan £50m

Forgive me if I'm incorrect! but did Pep say when coming to City that he wanted 2 quality players 4 each position?
You can’t carry 2 world class players, for each position, was the point i was making. Now whilst I agree that Gundogan doesn’t come into the world class bracket, he’s certainly a quality player

No domestic team, in whatever country, can carry two world class players for every position as it’s totaly impractical, both in terms of cost & squad harmony.

Are you seriously suggesting, that both KDB & Merlin aren’t really all that, and, therefore, need to be shipped out in order to be replaced by a couple of better players (who also have to be attainable, don’t forget) asap?
Where have I suggested that? You've just fabricated that whole comment & somehow mentioned me, thus alluding I've said this.. I'm a grown man who can speak for myself, so therefore I respectfully decline your assistance for helping me to create a post.

We can potentially play 60 games per season, & in that respect if we had a squad of 25 equally comparative players who would play a possible 40 games per season each (injuries/suspension/fatigue/loss of form), you'd have a problem with that?

The difference would be that players wouldn't have to play 12 matches per month & rinse themselves out. They'd essentially be playing 6 per month & would remain fresh for most of the season.

It was obvious we were flagging in February, which is why Pep gave the players personal time off to recharge their batteries. I'm not interested in selfish players who are at City for their personal gratification, I want players who realise that they are one of 25 players & the end game is to get to the end of the season having won as many games as possible.

If you can't see this is what Soriano, Pep, Txiki, Khaldoon & Sheikh Mansour want, you need to take a step back & take another long hard look at the direction & trajectory Manchester City Football Club are on mate.

Selling Gundogan for this amount would allow us to bring in both Jorginho and Kovacic. Sounds like a bullocks story but if it's true and ilkay is happy to go, I'd say £50m for a 27 yr old with his history of injuries is a good deal for us.

Ilkay is great at moving the ball around and keeping possession but I always feel we go down a level in creativity and the speed of our ball movement when he fills in for Silva or Debruyne. I honestly have preferred him in the pivot role, when he has filled in for Fernandinho.
Agreed 100%

The point re Gundogan is, surely, whether Pep wants him over possible alternatives ?

I would move him on personally, but only if a better alternative was available (& looking at the state of the Germans yesterday, for example, you have to be careful that these guys are actually as good as their reps, Gundo could have replaced any of that midfield).

Pep appears to like him, but he hasn't been quite as clear about his position, as with Stones & Bernardo, & is 'signing' two players who will likely take games away from Gundogan.

But 'if' there are top players available, 50 mil is good money & Gundogan would find Spain much easier than the Prem imo, so a good move for both.

The point re Gundogan is, surely, whether Pep wants him over possible alternatives ?

I would move him on personally, but only if a better alternative was available (& looking at the state of the Germans yesterday, for example, you have to be careful that these guys are actually as good as their reps, Gundo could have replaced any of that midfield).

Pep appears to like him, but he hasn't been quite as clear about his position, as with Stones & Bernardo, & is 'signing' two players who will likely take games away from Gundogan.

But 'if' there are top players available, 50 mil is good money & Gundogan would find Spain much easier than the Prem imo, so a good move for both.

I think that is the key, who would be available for a replacement. We don't have spare squad spots available for players to come in, and we are only looking at recruiting players that will improve our squad depth. We need to be in a position where we can rest players during the season, and have the quality of replacements available, where the quality doesn't drop.

I think with the number of games we play, gone are the days where we have a starting eleven, and our sides are picked on the formation required for our opposition. Yes there will be players like KDB and Merlin who will almost always be picked when available, but we do need others such as Mahrez that can step in when they are not.

Who are the Gundogan alternatives?

I think that is the key, who would be available for a replacement. We don't have spare squad spots available for players to come in, and we are only looking at recruiting players that will improve our squad depth. We need to be in a position where we can rest players during the season, and have the quality of replacements available, where the quality doesn't drop.

I think with the number of games we play, gone are the days where we have a starting eleven, and our sides are picked on the formation required for our opposition. Yes there will be players like KDB and Merlin who will almost always be picked when available, but we do need others such as Mahrez that can step in when they are not.

Who are the Gundogan alternatives?
I've been asking this question myself. But I seem to be having a hard time getting a straight answer. So far Mateo Kovacic seems to be the only player someone has hinted at.

I don't know if the folks pushing Kovacic realize the reason he wants to leave Madrid is so he could get more playing time.

But hey, 50 large ones for the fall guy. Let's take it. We can figure out solutions later. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.